Hanoi nominates candidates for next term parliament
Half of the city’s parliament seats are appointed by the central bodies and the remaining proposed by the local authorities.
Hanoi has nominated 45 candidates for the 15th National Assembly (2021-2026), the country’s highest legislative body.
|Hanoi is given 29 seats at the next National Assembly. Photo: VGP|
The city also nominated 190 candidates for the municipal People’s Council for the 2021-2026 term.
The nomination was complete at the first consultation meeting held in early February by the Vietnam Fatherland Front – Hanoi.
The nomination is aimed to select 29 lawmakers (including 14 chosen from candidates of the central bodies and the remaining proposed by the local administration) for the National Assembly (NA) and 95 representatives of the People’s Council.
Regarding nominees for the parliament, 35% of them are women and 65% are men.
Meanwhile, among candidates for the People’s Council, 11.56% are non-Party members, 36.32% are women, and 15.26% are aged below 40.
There are 2,091 candidates for 1,054 representatives of the People’s Council at district level while the figures at grassroots level are respectively 21,342 and 10,814.
- Some 350,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses to be administered for Hanoi residents
- Vietnam Stock Exchange set to have registered capital of US$130 million
- Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
- First smart electric bus underway in Hanoi
- New US Embassy headquarter in Hanoi - a symbol of bilateral relation
- Hanoi pushes work on US$600-million Lotte Mall project: Mayor
- Fashion show to honor Vietnamese Ao dai
- Hanoi to raise $1 billion from auctioning land use rights at 446 projects
- Six major tasks await newly-appointed Hanoi Party Chief
- Hanoi to host gastronomy and tourism festival this month
Citizen engagement makes Covid-19 fight successful in Vietnam
C.bank expects credit growth to exceed 12%-target for 2021
Japanese and Vietnamese artists to perform symphony concert
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking
Vietnam to cut research time of Covid-19 vaccines amid thin supply
Corporate bonds of real estate - risky commercial debt for investors