Hanoi’s air quality back to unhealthy level on November 15
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 111 to 161.
Air quality in the latest 24 hours in Hanoi has been back to the unhealthy level after improving a day ago, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
On November 15 afternoon, the AEP said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 111 to 161.
After experiencing one day with AQI at the good level, thanks to the influence of rain and strong winds, today it stopped raining and was sunny in the capital city.
Air quality worsened compared to a day earlier. The AQI has increased considerably, with the highest readings recorded at Minh Khai (161), Pham Van Dong (157), and Hang Dau (156).
Other areas had AQI below 150 such as Thanh Cong, Trung Yen 3, Hoan Kiem, My Dinh. The area with the lowest reading was Tan Mai (111).
The AEP repeated the recommendations that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion. The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
- Hanoi takes concrete actions to tap its soft power potential: Mayor
- Hanoi adopts plan to ensure traffic safety during upcoming Tet holiday
- Severe air pollution persists in Hanoi
- Hanoi encourages craft villages to apply new technologies
- Hanoi to build ten more bypasses for pedestrians
- Hanoi’s air quality on December 12 morning remains unhealthy
- Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor
- 80% of online public services in Hanoi available at advanced stages
- Japan’s JEBO apologizes for misunderstanding Hanoi mayor’s statement
- Sumitomo wants to speed up smart city project in Hanoi
Hanoi takes concrete actions to tap its soft power potential: Mayor
Vietnam prioritizes oil and gas cooperation with Russia: PM
Actions advised for Vietnam to lure investors amid energy crunch
China risks flare-up over Vietnamese gas resources: CSIS
Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force calls for stronger ties with Vietnam
First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor