Hanoi’s air quality worsens to very bad level
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 122 to 186.
Air quality in the latest 24 hours in Hanoi hit the bad level in five areas, worsened to the very bad level in the remaining locations and saw no improvements, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
On December 1 afternoon, the AEP said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 122 to 186.
Compared to air quality a day earlier, Hanoi’s AQI did not improve, the index has increased significantly, with the highest readings recorded at Minh Khai (186), Pham Van Dong (178), and Hang Dau (174).
Other areas had AQI below 150 such as Hoan Kiem, My Dinh, Tay Mo, Tan Mai. The area with the lowest reading was Kim Lien (122).
Data: AEP. Table: Anh Kiet
The AEP repeated the recommendations that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion.
The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
In suburban areas, people need to reduce burning waste and agricultural by-products.
- Hanoi records positive changes in urban planning and management
- Hanoi to allow advertising rights in exchange for 600 bus stop shelters
- Hanoi makes proposals to solve difficulties in land management and environmental protection
- Information technology will open a new era for Hanoi’s buses
- Hanoi to build square, shopping malls around My Dinh Stadium
- Hanoi to build two more underground parking lots in Ba Dinh Political Center
- Hanoi opens wide doors for South Korean investors: City Party chief
- Hanoi's tourism to lean on domestic market till end-2020
- Blazing heat attacks Hanoi
- Hanoi to hold event promoting Vietnamese goods in late May
Vietnam to handle five corruption cases involving top leaders
Hanoi records positive changes in urban planning and management
Vietnam airports required to tighten Covid-19 prevention measures
Vietnam among first countries likely to reopen travel industry: WeSwap
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Northwest terraced paddy fields in snapshots