Hanoi’s air quality worsens to very bad level
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 122 to 186.
Air quality in the latest 24 hours in Hanoi hit the bad level in five areas, worsened to the very bad level in the remaining locations and saw no improvements, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
On December 1 afternoon, the AEP said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 122 to 186.
Compared to air quality a day earlier, Hanoi’s AQI did not improve, the index has increased significantly, with the highest readings recorded at Minh Khai (186), Pham Van Dong (178), and Hang Dau (174).
Other areas had AQI below 150 such as Hoan Kiem, My Dinh, Tay Mo, Tan Mai. The area with the lowest reading was Kim Lien (122).
Data: AEP. Table: Anh Kiet
The AEP repeated the recommendations that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion.
The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
In suburban areas, people need to reduce burning waste and agricultural by-products.
- Hanoi takes concrete actions to tap its soft power potential: Mayor
- Hanoi adopts plan to ensure traffic safety during upcoming Tet holiday
- Severe air pollution persists in Hanoi
- Hanoi encourages craft villages to apply new technologies
- Hanoi to build ten more bypasses for pedestrians
- Hanoi’s air quality on December 12 morning remains unhealthy
- Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor
- 80% of online public services in Hanoi available at advanced stages
- Japan’s JEBO apologizes for misunderstanding Hanoi mayor’s statement
- Sumitomo wants to speed up smart city project in Hanoi
Vietnam, US hold defense policy dialogue in Washington DC
Vietnam prioritizes oil and gas cooperation with Russia: PM
Actions advised for Vietnam to lure investors amid energy crunch
Hanoi takes concrete actions to tap its soft power potential: Mayor
China risks flare-up over Vietnamese gas resources: CSIS
Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force calls for stronger ties with Vietnam
First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor