Hanoi’s streets covered by flamboyant flowers in summer
The blooming flamboyant flowers signal the beginning of summer and the end of the school year.
Hanoi’s streets, parks and lakes are adorned with the burning red of flamboyant flowers in June.
Flamboyant, also known as flame tree, flowers are in full bloom in many roads and lakes such as West Lake, Truc Bach Lake, To Lich River in the summer.
Flame tree flowers are considered the iconic flora of summer in Hanoi. The variety blooms from April to June annually.
The flamboyant flowers are familiar with students across the country as the trees are planted extensively in school yards. The blooming flowers signal the end of the school year.
This flower has four petals with red-orange or magenta.
A branch of flame tree flowers in Thanh Nien street, around West Lake.
Flame trees near Truc Bach Lake.
A tricycle under the shade of the flame trees.
Braving the scorching heat, a Hanoian girl and photographer wasted no time taking the typical snapshots of Hanoi's summer at the line of blossoming flame trees.
Photos: Pham Hung (Kinh te & Do thi)
- Tet Holiday re-enacted in Duong Lam ancient village
- Photograph of water lilies on the Mekong River featured on National Geographic
- Funeral of Vietnamese peacekeeper die on duty
- Grand old peach trees grace Hanoi’s streets
- The “queen” Phalaenopsis shows charming beauty on Hanoi’s streets
- Red color brings “Tet excitement” to Hanoi’s downtown street
- Ceramic zodiac figurines to welcome Tet holiday of the Tiger
- Papaya bonsai to adorn Vietnamese traditional Lunar New Year
- Peaceful and tranquil Hanoi in the first days of the New Year
- Hanoi's outdoor workers make a living in chilly cold nights
Hanoi to ensure healthcare in Tet holiday
Tet Holiday re-enacted in Duong Lam ancient village
Hanoi detects first Omicron case in the community
No delay in implementing socio-economic recovery program: Deputy PM
PM asks ministries to consider reopening of cinemas nationwide
Hanoi: Hang Luoc Flower market opened
Face-to-face schooling resumption urged in the new normal
Funeral of Vietnamese peacekeeper die on duty
Grand old peach trees grace Hanoi’s streets