Hanoi’s streets covered by flamboyant flowers in summer
The Hanoitimes - The blooming flamboyant flowers signal the beginning of summer and the end of the school year.
Hanoi’s streets, parks and lakes are adorned with the burning red of flamboyant flowers in June.
Flamboyant, also known as flame tree, flowers are in full bloom in many roads and lakes such as West Lake, Truc Bach Lake, To Lich River in the summer.
Flame tree flowers are considered the iconic flora of summer in Hanoi. The variety blooms from April to June annually.
The flamboyant flowers are familiar with students across the country as the trees are planted extensively in school yards. The blooming flowers signal the end of the school year.
This flower has four petals with red-orange or magenta.
A branch of flame tree flowers in Thanh Nien street, around West Lake.
Flame trees near Truc Bach Lake.
A tricycle under the shade of the flame trees.
Braving the scorching heat, a Hanoian girl and photographer wasted no time taking the typical snapshots of Hanoi's summer at the line of blossoming flame trees.
Photos: Pham Hung (Kinh te & Do thi)
- Colorful Hanoi’s street with mid-autumn toys and decorations
- Long Bien bridge - witness of Hanoi's history
- Flag raising ceremony in Ba Dinh Square to mark National Day
- Hanoi village famous for making national flags in past 7 decades
- Red flags and banners color Hanoi on National Day
- Free face mask ATMs in Hanoi help needy people combat Covid-19
- Hanoi on first day of enforcing social distancing at eateries, bars
- Danang’s second field hospital completed, ready to treat Covid-19 patients
- Hanoi conducts rapid Covid-19 tests on returnees from Danang
- To prevent Covid-19, Hanoians wear face masks everywhere
Hanoi disallows begging, tourist harassment in downtown pedestrian streets
Vietnam to push for trade and industrial cooperation with American partners
Vietnam uses locally-made test kits for incoming guests
Vietnam welcomes foreigners but closely eyes Covid-19 infection risk
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread