Hanoi’s streets covered by flamboyant flowers in summer
The Hanoitimes - The blooming flamboyant flowers signal the beginning of summer and the end of the school year.
Hanoi’s streets, parks and lakes are adorned with the burning red of flamboyant flowers in June.
Flamboyant, also known as flame tree, flowers are in full bloom in many roads and lakes such as West Lake, Truc Bach Lake, To Lich River in the summer.
Flame tree flowers are considered the iconic flora of summer in Hanoi. The variety blooms from April to June annually.
The flamboyant flowers are familiar with students across the country as the trees are planted extensively in school yards. The blooming flowers signal the end of the school year.
This flower has four petals with red-orange or magenta.
A branch of flame tree flowers in Thanh Nien street, around West Lake.
Flame trees near Truc Bach Lake.
A tricycle under the shade of the flame trees.
Braving the scorching heat, a Hanoian girl and photographer wasted no time taking the typical snapshots of Hanoi's summer at the line of blossoming flame trees.
Photos: Pham Hung (Kinh te & Do thi)
- How sacred cake for worship in Hanoi is made
- How Hanoi’s lotus-scented tea is made
- Outstanding images of "Hanoi 2020 – Investment and Development Cooperation"
- Hanoian girls posing with lotus flowers
- Bird’s eye view of Hanoi’s half-built elevated ring road No. 2
- Hanoi’s streets covered by flamboyant flowers in summer
- Vietnam’s first ever mounted police unit marches in Ba Dinh Square
- Hanoi's hot and vivid summer days
- Hanoi lotus flowers in full bloom amid sweltering summer
- Hanoi streets jammed after morning rain
Hanoi aims to be a sci-tech hub of the country: City Party chief
Two thirds of Vietnamese married women suffer domestic violence: Study
Vietnam climbs two places in UN e-government index 2020
Vietnam’s transport ministry proposes reopening Asia air routes from August
Vietnam rises in global real estate transparency index: JLL
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors