March 16: Vietnam confirms four new coronavirus infections, toll hits 61
The Hanoitimes - Of the 61 active cases, 18 are foreigners, including 13 Britons.
Vietnam has reported another four people infected with the novel coronavirus (SAR-CoV-2) on March 16, including two in Hanoi, bringing the tally of infections in the country to 61.
The 58th patient is a 26-year-old female Hanoian student returning from France on March 15. The patient and those who made close contact with her have been quarantined and are being treated at the Central Hospital for Tropical Diseases on the outskirts of Hanoi.
Meanwhile, the 59th patient is a flight attendant that served Vietnam Airlines flight VN0054 on which Hanoi’s first coronavirus patient, Nguyen Hong Nhung, took a business class seat from London to Hanoi on March 2.
She tested negative for the virus three times after Nhung was confirmed positive on March 6. Not until March 14 when she started coughing and developed a fever did tests confirm she was positive with the virus.
The 60th patient is a 29-year-old French man who took a flight from Paris and arrived in Hanoi on March 9. Upon arrival, he visited several places in Hanoi and the northern province of Ninh Binh. On March 15 he was quarantined by the Hanoi Center for Disease Control after returning to Hanoi and tested positive for the virus.
The last case confirmed on Monday is a 42-year-old Vietnamese man who lives in Ninh Thuan. He test positive for the coronavirus after returning from Malaysia on March 4.
As of March 15, the coronavirus has been found in 13 out of 63 provinces and cities in Vietnam. Hanoi has the biggest number of infections (14), followed by Vinh Phuc province (11, all discharged), Binh Thuan (9), Ho Chi Minh City (8), and Quang Ninh (5), among others.
Of the 61 active cases, 18 are foreigners, including 13 Britons.
| Chart: Minh Tuan|
- May 25: Vietnam reports one fresh coronavirus case, totaling 326
- Vietnam’s health ministry plans to repatriate Covid-19 British patient
- May 18: Vietnam coronavirus cases hit 324, latest infections are imported
- May 15: Vietnam records 25 new Covid-19 cases, all imported
- Vietnam mobilizes best doctors to cure British Covid-19 patient
- Lung transplant indicated for British Covid-19 patient
- May 12: Vietnam goes through 26 days without new local coronavirus infection
- May 11: Eight more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam recover, infection count flat
- May 7: Vietnam confirms 17 more coronavirus cases, all imported
- May 5: Vietnam reports 11 more convalescents, 86% of total patients recover
Building e-government is urgent for Hanoi: Mayor
Vietnam transport ministry eyes resumption of international flights
Hanoi stands ready for new capital inflows from Japan: Party official
Vietnam okays e-visa for citizens of 80 countries from July 1
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Northwest terraced paddy fields in snapshots