nCoV: Vietnam reports 10th infection, 3 discharged from hospital
The Hanoitimes - The latest infection was under human-to-human transmission in Vietnam.
The number of people in Vietnam infected with the new coronavirus (nCoV) has reached 10, including two Chinese nationals, as of February 4.
|Vietnam reports 10 infections as of Feb 4. Photo: Zing|
The latest confirmed case is a 42-year-old woman who was infected with the nCoV from her sister who had stayed two months in China’s Wuhan city, the epicenter of the nCoV outbreak.
It has raised the person-to-person transmission cases in Vietnam to three.
So far, three localities hit by the epidemic include the central provinces of Khanh Hoa and Thanh Hoa and the northern province of Vinh Phuc.
Among the infections, three have tested negative with the nCoV, including a 28-year-old Chinese man, a 25-year-old woman in Khanh Hoa province, and a 25-year-old woman in Thanh Hoa.
Meanwhile, the country continues to quarantine 78 others who are at risk of transmission as the country makes efforts to curb the spread of the epidemic which has killed 427 people, including two outside China, and caused 20,639 infections globally.
To cope with the widespread of the epidemic, Vietnam has declared the national nCoV epidemic and deployed a number of tough measures to curb the epidemic.
- Vietnam stays mindful of economic impacts in Covid-19 fight
- Vietnam PM orders crackdown on illegal immigrants amid fresh coronavirus outbreaks
- Partial social distancing helps Vietnam mitigate negative economic Covid-19 impacts
- Covid-19 epicenter in Danang must be stamped out: PM
- Covid-19 may hurt up to 5 million workers in Vietnam in Q3
- Danang sets up field hospitals as local coronavirus infections surge
- Vietnam strives to stamp down Covid-19 in highly infectious Danang hospital
- Vietnam successfully develops two sets of SARS-CoV-2 test kits
- Ho Chi Minh City closes entertainment facilities
- Vietnam authorities seize nearly 1 million poor quality face masks
Vietnam PM orders crackdown on illegal immigrants amid fresh coronavirus outbreaks
Vietnam stays mindful of economic impacts in Covid-19 fight
Hanoi checks all people with severe illnesses
Vietnam’s coronavirus deaths rise to 8, ten others in critical condition
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors