nCoV: Vietnam reports 10th infection, 3 discharged from hospital
The latest infection was under human-to-human transmission in Vietnam.
The number of people in Vietnam infected with the new coronavirus (nCoV) has reached 10, including two Chinese nationals, as of February 4.
|Vietnam reports 10 infections as of Feb 4. Photo: Zing|
The latest confirmed case is a 42-year-old woman who was infected with the nCoV from her sister who had stayed two months in China’s Wuhan city, the epicenter of the nCoV outbreak.
It has raised the person-to-person transmission cases in Vietnam to three.
So far, three localities hit by the epidemic include the central provinces of Khanh Hoa and Thanh Hoa and the northern province of Vinh Phuc.
Among the infections, three have tested negative with the nCoV, including a 28-year-old Chinese man, a 25-year-old woman in Khanh Hoa province, and a 25-year-old woman in Thanh Hoa.
Meanwhile, the country continues to quarantine 78 others who are at risk of transmission as the country makes efforts to curb the spread of the epidemic which has killed 427 people, including two outside China, and caused 20,639 infections globally.
To cope with the widespread of the epidemic, Vietnam has declared the national nCoV epidemic and deployed a number of tough measures to curb the epidemic.
- People-centered approach matters to subregion development in ASEAN: Vietnamese PM
- Vietnam works with WHO, CDC on Omicron variant
- Vietnamese President arrives in Moscow, affirming 70-year special ties with Russia
- Vietnam's warship arrives in Indonesia port for ASEAN-Russia Naval Exercise
- Health sector wants to suspend flights to/from Omicron-affected countries
- Vietnam promotes production of Covid-19 drugs, vaccines
- EFTA – spotlight in Vietnamese President’s visit to Switzerland
- Vietnamese PM puts forth priorities to bolster cooperation in ASEM
- Denmark supports Vietnam US$1 mln in improving quality of official statistics
- Vietnamese President leaves for Switzerland, Russia visits
Wind power to lead Vietnam’s pathway to net-zero target: international experts
Hanoi to pour US$19.2-billion in housing development in 2021-2025 period
Vietnam manufacturing conditions improve in second month running
Fostering creativity from Hanoi’s cultural resources
Wild pear flower season comes early on the streets of Hanoi
Businesses recovery vital for Vietnam’s economic prospects: Expert
Safe, flexible adaptation to Covid-19 remains priority for Vietnam in 2022
Vietnam joins the world to end violence against women
Japanese giants pledge further support for Vietnam