Ninth Covid-19 death confirmed in Vietnam
The Hanoitimes - The latest casualty is Patient No.651 from the central province of Quang Nam.
A 67-year-old woman died from Covid-19 on early August 6, becoming Vietnam's ninth fatality, according to the Ministry of Health.
Another patient has just died from Covid-19 in Vietnam. Illustrative photo: VnExpress
The victim is Patient No.651 from the central province of Quang Nam. She was found positive for coronavirus four days ago while suffering from pneumonia, respiratory complications, chronic renal failure, and diabetes.
She was taken to Danang Hospital for emergency treatment on July 18 but was then transferred to Gia Dinh Hospital in Ho Chi Minh city where she stayed for treatment until July 31.
She tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 on August 2 and was brought back to Danang Hospital for Covid-19 treatment. Her condition worsened quickly with breathing difficulties and she needed to be intubated and on ventilator.
On the early morning of August 6, she fell into a deep coma and died at 1:30 am.
According to Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son, several Covid-19 patients are now in critical condition and have high mortality risks due to advanced age and underlying illnesses.
On July 31, Patient No.428, a 70-year-old man from Quang Nam province with heart disease and kidney failure became the first Covid-19 casualty in Vietnam.
The other seven victims were aged between 53 and 86. All of them were related to the outbreak in Danang and had serious chronic illnesses.
At the time of writing, Vietnam has reported 717 Covid-19 cases, 327 of them are active.
- Vietnam receives first int'l commercial flight after six months
- Vietnam welcomes foreigners but closely eyes Covid-19 infection risk
- ASEAN commits to further military cooperation amid security uncertainties
- UN must be truly cohesive and inclusive: Vietnam president
- First international flight to Vietnam is from South Korea
- Vietnam, US hold 11th Political, Security and Defense Dialogue
- Vietnam PM agrees to reopen air routes to Thailand
- Foreigners to Vietnam required to pay quarantine and testing fees
- Vietnam willing to share experience with UK on CPTPP accession
- Vietnam airlines to relaunch int'l flights from September 18
Actual FDI in Vietnam down 3.2% to US$13.76 billion in Jan-Sept
Vietnam ranks fourth on Agoda 2020 travel wishlist
Telehealth in Vietnam connects over 1,000 health centers
Vietnam receives first int'l commercial flight after six months
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread