Prime Minister approves US$67.2-million Dien Bien airport project
The airport expansion project is expected to handle the increasing influx of passengers to the province.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has approved the investment policy for the Dien Bien airport expansion project in the namesake northern province to meet an annual capacity of 500,000 passengers.
|Vietnam Prime Minister approves US$67.2-million Dien Bien airport project. Photo: dienbien.gov.vn|
The expansion project, invested by the Airports Corporation of Vietnam (ACV) with a total capital of VND1.55 trillion (US$67.2 million), will be executed in 34 months. As finished, the airport will be able to accept large airplanes including A320 and A321.
By 2030, the airport's capacity will be increased to two million passengers and 10,000 tons of cargo with a parking space for six aircraft, according to the plan built by the Ministry of Transport.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has assigned the Ministry of Planning and Investment to be responsible for project appraisal, issuing investment guidelines and supervising and evaluating investment activities.
The Dien Bien Airport, 500 kilometers west of Hanoi, currently is able to handle 300,000 passengers per year.
It was originally a military airport built in 1954. It began commercial operations in 1994. The airport was renovated in 2004 and can only accommodate small aircraft such as ATR72.
- South Korean tire maker to invest additional US$305 million in Vietnam
- Work on Quang Tri airport to begin in early September
- Works on Hanoi-based Ecopark floating trade center to kick off in 2022
- Prime Minister gives green light to Quang Tri airport project
- Vingroup’s mega-resort project worth US$1.51 billion kicks off in Danang
- Prime Minister approves US$67.2-million Dien Bien airport project
- A new food-brewery manufacturing complex inaugurated in Hau Giang
- Mong Cai to become national key border-gate EZ by 2040
- Norwegian company inaugurates US$28.5-million factory in Vietnam
- VinFast plans to build automobile factory in US
Vietnam no longer labeled as currency manipulator: US Treasury
Travel to Ninh Binh: the outstanding tourism attraction of Mua Cave
Hanoi: domestic tourism stimulating program debuts
Ba Vi Tourism Festival - Highlight of Hanoi’s suburban tourism
Remarkable tour packages offered Reunification Day and Labor Day holidays
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking