Spring Book Fair launched in downtown Hanoi to celebrate Lunar New Year
The Hanoitimes - During the week-long event, there are also other programs to celebrate the traditional Tet holiday will take place.
On January 27 morning, which is the third day of the Lunar New Year, the Spring Book Fair was launched at the 19/12 book street, which connects Ly Thuong Kiet and Hai Ba Trung streets.
The book fair attracts a large number of young people.
The launching of the week-long event drew the attendance of Hanoi authorities and a number of arrivals.
The book fair features 20 booths from different units and publishing houses as well as other booths displaying and selling Tet cultural products including calligraphy, folk paintings and fiber paintings, among others. Some new books regarding ambiance of Tet such as A sip of Tet, Tet painting: Quintessence of Vietnam’s tradition, Book of the Year of the Rat, among others, also made their debut.
On the very first day of the event, book lovers grabbed chances to talk with some famous authors namely Do Nhat Nam and Phuong Dang.
During the fair, there will be also other programs to celebrate the traditional Tet holiday such as performances and talks on calligraphy, launching of an area for displaying Tet newspapers, an exhibition of Dong Ho and Hang Trong folk paintings and other traditional art programs.
Other amazing programs will be on show such as “Mom is Doctor chef”, talking with author/writer Tran Thi Anh Phuong- Virgo Phan, the launching of new publication titled “Across the tea road - The subtlety of tea leaves in Vietnamese New Year customs” by author Do Quang Tuan and program “Interactive read – Connecting love” with speaker Do Thi Thuy, among others.
- Hanoi may host F1 in November, but without int’l spectators
- My Dinh stadium in Hanoi selected among best stadiums in SE Asia
- Vietnam’s online book fair expected to reach 10 million hits
- Hanoians enjoy meaningful cultural activities on Tet
- Spring Book Fair launched in downtown Hanoi to celebrate Lunar New Year
- Satisfying Tet fireworks show in Hanoi
- Amazing annual Tet market selling antiques in Hanoi
- Five Tet theme picture-taking hotspots in Hanoi
- Hanoi's Old Quarter flower market overwhelmed with lucky red color
- Ample activity agenda to celebrate upcoming Tet in Hanoi
In new normalcy, Hanoi seeks to lure more investment
Hanoi seeks permission to use proceeds from SOE sales for urban railway projects
Hanoi donates face masks to New York to support Covid-19 fight
What to do in Hanoi in 24 hours: Nightlife
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi