Spring Book Fair launched in downtown Hanoi to celebrate Lunar New Year
The Hanoitimes - During the week-long event, there are also other programs to celebrate the traditional Tet holiday will take place.
On January 27 morning, which is the third day of the Lunar New Year, the Spring Book Fair was launched at the 19/12 book street, which connects Ly Thuong Kiet and Hai Ba Trung streets.
The book fair attracts a large number of young people.
The launching of the week-long event drew the attendance of Hanoi authorities and a number of arrivals.
The book fair features 20 booths from different units and publishing houses as well as other booths displaying and selling Tet cultural products including calligraphy, folk paintings and fiber paintings, among others. Some new books regarding ambiance of Tet such as A sip of Tet, Tet painting: Quintessence of Vietnam’s tradition, Book of the Year of the Rat, among others, also made their debut.
On the very first day of the event, book lovers grabbed chances to talk with some famous authors namely Do Nhat Nam and Phuong Dang.
During the fair, there will be also other programs to celebrate the traditional Tet holiday such as performances and talks on calligraphy, launching of an area for displaying Tet newspapers, an exhibition of Dong Ho and Hang Trong folk paintings and other traditional art programs.
Other amazing programs will be on show such as “Mom is Doctor chef”, talking with author/writer Tran Thi Anh Phuong- Virgo Phan, the launching of new publication titled “Across the tea road - The subtlety of tea leaves in Vietnamese New Year customs” by author Do Quang Tuan and program “Interactive read – Connecting love” with speaker Do Thi Thuy, among others.
- Hanoians enjoy meaningful cultural activities on Tet
- Spring Book Fair launched in downtown Hanoi to celebrate Lunar New Year
- Satisfying Tet fireworks show in Hanoi
- Amazing annual Tet market selling antiques in Hanoi
- Five Tet theme picture-taking hotspots in Hanoi
- Hanoi's Old Quarter flower market overwhelmed with lucky red color
- Ample activity agenda to celebrate upcoming Tet in Hanoi
- Four coffee shops with enchanting view for photography lovers in Hanoi
- Three countdown parties will be held downtown Hanoi to welcome 2020
- Fantastic “Hong Kong Alley” in hub of Hanoi’s Old Quarter
Covid-19 not all bad for Vietnam: Savills executives
Fitch trims Vietnam GDP growth forecast to 6.3% on Covid-19
FDI inflow to Vietnam sees good year ahead
Covid-19 dampens Vietnam businesses’ optimism: Survey
Vietnam raises red flag to visitors from coronavirus-hit areas
Covid-19 outbreak in S.Korea causes further problems for Vietnam’s economy
Covid-19 pushes Vietnam’s aviation industry to the limit
ASEAN-China cooperation against Covid-19: Transparent information sharing
ASEAN defense forces join hands to combat Covid-19