US energy company strengthens its position in South Central Vietnam
The Hanoitimes - The partnership between the US-based provider and the Vietnamese wind energy investor is partly contributing to the development of the renewable energy market.
GE Renewable Energy will supply eight units of its 3MW-137 wind turbines for the 27.2-MW Phuoc Minh wind farm, located in Ninh Thuan province, in the south-central region of Vietnam.
|GE Renewable Energy will supply eight units of its 3MW-137 wind turbines for the 27.2-MW Phuoc Minh wind farm. Photo: GE|
A consortium of Henste Engineering, IPC Group, PowerChina Huadong Engineering Corporation, GE’s long-standing partner in Vietnam, will provide full engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services for the project.
The turbines range from 3.2MW to 3.8MW power output, and are among the highest performing turbines within the 3MW portfolio. The Ninh Thuan province’s wind farm is expected to be fully operational by third quarter of 2021.It will strengthen the national grid’s capacity by supplying 100 million kWh of electricity annually.
Mr. Gilan Sabatier, Regional Leader for GE Renewable Energy’s Onshore Wind Business in South Asia and ASEAN said: “This new deal in Vietnam between GE and PowerChina cements its partnership in this growing market. This is another step in supporting the rise of renewable energy in Vietnam and reinforces our commitment to serve the energy needs of the country.”
The US-based company continues to support Vietnam’s energy transition since the first wind farm in the Mekong Delta, the Bac Lieu project. This new wind project is expected to further expands GE’s leadership role in Vietnam by providing technological support for a variety of power generation projects throughout the country.
- T&T Group builds US$103-million residential complex
- Construction of Long Thanh International Airport kicked off
- AES sells entire equity interest in Mong Duong 2 plant
- US energy company strengthens its position in South Central Vietnam
- Cargill opens $28m new animal nutrition plant in Vietnam
- Hanoi speeds up completion of master plan of Hoa Lac township
- Noi Bai airport runway reparation may be completed this November
- Hyundai Group interested in investing in Vietnam's colossal express railway
- Vietnam's North - South Expressway PPP projects may kick off construction next year
- HCM City demanded to put first metro line into operation by 2021
Hanoi to invest at least 1% of GRDP in sci-tech by 2025
Vietnam Airlines, Humane Society International join hands to save rhinoceros
Vietnam needs to ensure uninterrupted care for elderly in pandemic: UNFPA
Vietnam to mobilize all forces for National Assembly election
Party Central Committee plenum completes preparation for 13th Congress
An overseas Vietnamese: Covid-19 infected, in lockdown and the desire to fly back home
Hanoi to host 10th Gymnastics & Sports Games Congress
Vietnam applies IT in imported goods quality control
Samsung Vietnam to recover its growth target after pandemic