Vietnam reports 16th Covid-19 case amid rapid spread worldwide
The Hanoitimes - The latest case has driven up the number of infections in Vinh Phuc to 11, followed by Ho Chi Minh City with 3.
As of February 13, Vietnam confirmed the 16th individual infected with Covid-19, previously known as nCoV.
The newly-infected man is father of a patient who came from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the epidemic outbreak. So far, four members of that family have tested positive with Covid-19.
|The majority of the cases comes from the northern province of Vinh Phuc. Photo: Tienphong|
The latest case has raised the number of infections in the northern province of Vinh Phuc to 11, followed by Ho Chi Minh City with 3, the central province of Khanh Hoa with one and the south central province of Thanh Hoa with one.
At present, seven out of 16 infected individuals have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
Of the infected people, two are Chinese nationals, a father and a son, and both have recovered have been released.
Meanwhile, 82 others are being quarantined.
Authorities in epidemic-hit localities have been asked to keep a close watch on people who made contact with the infected people while suspected cases have been required to be quarantined and take a test.
On the same day, the number of infection climbed to 60,062 globally while the death toll reached 1,355, including two outside China.
- Vietnam continues repatriating citizens from US
- Vietnam National Economic Advisory Council sees GDP growth at 3 – 4% in 2020
- Vietnam brings home more than 1,100 citizens over past week
- Vietnam, US strengthen partnership in overcoming war legacies
- Vietnam to hold first-ever int’l defense expo later this year
- Japan thanks Vietnam for accommodating warship plane
- Vietnam's positive growth in Q2 defies market expectations: HSBC
- Vietnam plans to repatriate 14,000 more citizens
- Vietnam allows another one-month stay extension for stranded tourists
- World Bank appoints new country director for Vietnam
“Extraordinary progress of the US-Vietnam relationship is not an accident”: Ambassador Kritenbrink
Effective Covid-19 response will further boost Vietnam’s status as an attractive market: AmCham
Hanoi makes public master plan of Hoa Lac township
Covid-19 impacts on Vietnam economy not fully reflected in 6-month data: CIEM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget