TH Group rolls out US$11.9 million high-tech dairy project in Mekong Delta
It is considered as the largest-scale project in the Delta.
Permanent Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh attended the groundbreaking ceremony of a VND2.65 trillion (US$11.9 million) high-tech, concentrated dairy cow farm project invested by TH Group, on Februart 27, in Tri Ton district, the Mekong Delta’s An Giang province.
|Permanent Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh. Photo: TH Group|
Under the project, a dairy herd of 10,000 cows would yield 135 tons of milk per day. Once operational, this would be the largest high-tech with closed processing dairy farm in the Mekong Delta region. The TH farm will contribute to increasing quantity and quality of fresh milk supply for the Mekong Delta region and towards export.
Speaking at the ceremony, Permanent Deputy Prime Minister Binh said TH's project has not only set a new chapter in high-tech agriculture of An Giang and the Mekong Delta but also developed farmers’ livelihood.
The success of the model will contribute to completing the goal of developing a herd of 500,000 dairy cows across the country earlier than the master plan for the agricultural production development until 2020 and with a vision toward 2030, Deputy Prime Minister Binh said.
In addition to the dairy farming project, Thai Huong, founder and Chairman of TH Group Strategy Council, said that the group would also set up organic and Global GAP farms which produce fresh agricultural products as well as build nursing homes and resorts.
The group plans to develop another model of dairy cow farming through a high-tech cooperative, which is similar to the model that it has implemented in Dalat, the city of the central highland province of Lam Dong.
- South Korean tire maker to invest additional US$305 million in Vietnam
- Work on Quang Tri airport to begin in early September
- Works on Hanoi-based Ecopark floating trade center to kick off in 2022
- Prime Minister gives green light to Quang Tri airport project
- Vingroup’s mega-resort project worth US$1.51 billion kicks off in Danang
- Prime Minister approves US$67.2-million Dien Bien airport project
- A new food-brewery manufacturing complex inaugurated in Hau Giang
- Mong Cai to become national key border-gate EZ by 2040
- Norwegian company inaugurates US$28.5-million factory in Vietnam
- VinFast plans to build automobile factory in US
Vietnam no longer labeled as currency manipulator: US Treasury
Travel to Ninh Binh: the outstanding tourism attraction of Mua Cave
Hanoi: domestic tourism stimulating program debuts
Ba Vi Tourism Festival - Highlight of Hanoi’s suburban tourism
Remarkable tour packages offered Reunification Day and Labor Day holidays
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking