Vietnam’s lawmakers review government’s term
The Hanoitimes - The session also sends feedback to changes in the candidate structure of the legislation’s next tenure.
Vietnam’s lawmakers review the government’s 2016-2021 term in a session opens today [February 22].
|Chairwoman of the National Assembly Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan chairs the meeting on February 22. Photo: Quochoi|
Representatives of the National Assembly (NA) will discuss the reports on the government’s term at the 53rd session of the NA’s Standing Committee.
Other issues on the agenda of the two-day meeting include discussions on the preparations for the 11th meeting of the NA’s 14th tenure as well as the first changes in the candidate structure of the NA’s 15th tenure (the 2021-26 term) and the number of full-time candidates of the Hanoi People’s Council for the 2021-26 term.
In addition, draft resolution on scientific management in the NA’s bodies will be included in the agenda.
Meanwhile, the NA’s Standing Committee will send written feedback on the NA’s performance reports for the 14th tenure.
The NA’s Standing Committee is the permanent body of the National Assembly between the two sessions.
The Standing Committee supervises the implementation of the Constitution, laws and resolutions approved by the National Assembly; ordinances and resolutions issued by the NA Standing Committee; and the performance of the government, Supreme People’s Court, Supreme People’s Procuracy.
- Aviation authority wants to allow Boeing 737 Max airplanes entering Vietnam airspace
- Vietnam to elect top positions at next parliament session
- No violation of human rights in Covid-19 fight in Vietnam
- Vietnam begins Covid-19 vaccination today
- Vietnam ready for its first vaccination program on March 8
- Vaccine production must be sped up: Vietnam Deputy PM
- MAR 6: Coronavirus cases in Vietnam pandemic epicenter surpasses 700
- Hanoi required to verify accusations of molestation toward foreigners in West Lake
- Vietnam overtakes Asia’s leading position of Bhutan in the happiness index: Russia Press
- Vietnam, Singapore explore vaccine passport option
No violation of human rights in Covid-19 fight in Vietnam
Aviation authority wants to allow Boeing 737 Max airplanes entering Vietnam airspace
Vietnam Ao dai Week 2021 has been strongly responded
Vietnam to elect top positions at next parliament session
Hanoi nominates candidates for next term parliament
PM expects more Vietnamese multinationals to emerge by 2045
Vietnam eyes potential of homemade Covid-19 vaccine
Securities association expresses concern over prospect of 1,000 shares minimum trading lot
Vietnam repatriates citizens from Myanmar