62% of agricultural cooperatives in Hanoi operate efficiently
Being members of agricultural cooperatives, farmers are now able to focus on production, while commercialization of their products becomes more professional.
Statistics from Hanoi’s Department of Agricultural and Rural Development indicate that among 947 functioning agricultural cooperatives under evaluation, 586, or nearly 62% of the total, are operating efficiently.
|Agricultural production at a cooperative in Me Linh district.|
Additionally, other 334 (35.3%) operates moderately and the remaining 27 are considered inefficient.
For decades, agricultural cooperatives have played a key role in supplying agricultural materials, distributing and advertising farm produce.
More importantly, these cooperatives help farmers focus on production and make commercialization of their product more professional.
Hanoi currently has 70 agricultural cooperatives that form production chains and cooperate with each other in distributing products; 50 are using hi-tech in production; 31 have 106 products qualified under the One Commune, One Product (OCOP) program, which honors goods produced by craft villages.
Nevertheless, Director of the Hanoi Rural Development Division under the municipal Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Nguyen Van Chi said there remain shortcomings in the operation of these cooperatives, including the lack of production chains and technological application in large scale production.
To further enhance efficiency in operation of agricultural cooperatives, the municipal Department of Agricultural and Rural Development said it is essential to raise farmers’ awareness regarding the role of agricultural cooperatives in the process of production and farm produce distribution.
Moreover, local authorities should multiply models of well-run farmers’ cooperatives and promote the formation of production chains.
- Hanoi raised US$1.3 million for Sea and Islands Fund
- New national-standard schools in Hanoi accredited
- District-level planning key for completing Hanoi’s 2021-2030 master plan: Experts
- Hanoi to push for decentralization scheme in local units: City Party chief
- Hanoi determined to preserve its "green lung"
- Hanoi to build two new cities, creating springboard for Hoa Lac, Noi Bai areas
- UNESCO promises tight partnership with Hanoi in heritage and relic conservation
- Hanoi targets 100% of population with accounts on public services portal
- Hanoi holds Olympic Day Run 2023
- Re-enacting an 80s and 90s style wedding in Hanoi's Old Quarter
Economic – science cooperation key pillar in Vietnam-US relations: Party chief
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Vietnam's GDP growth expands by 3.32% in Q1
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world