April 10: 16 more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam recover, 2 cases confirmed
Local health experts attributed the high ratio of convalescents (56%) to good treatment largely made through daily online consultation.
As many as 16 Covid-19 patients in Vietnam fully recovered and were allowed to leave hospital on April 10, lifting up the number of convalescents to 144 out of 257 total cases.
|Taking samples for coronavirus tests in Hanoi. Photo: Kinhtedothi/Ngoc Tu|
The latest figure raises the ratio of convalescents to 56% of the total infected cases.
On the same day, the country confirmed two new coronavirus cases, including one linked to Bach Mai Hospital, the biggest hotspot in Vietnam.
The number of infections associated with the hospital has hit nearly 50. Meanwhile, roughly 25,000 others involved have been put under quarantine, both at mass facilities and at home.
After finding Patient No.243 connected to Bach Mai Hospital, Hanoi's authorities have put a village of 11,000 people under lockdown since April 7. As of April 10, five villagers have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2.
So far, Hanoi continues to take the lead with the highest infections at 120, including 58 convalescents, while Ho Chi Minh City ranks second with 54, including 40 convalescents.
As of Friday, the number of people under quarantine hit nearly 75,000, including 720 at hospital, 24,000 at concentrated facilities, and 50,000 at home and other facilities, according to the Ministry of Health.
- Hanoi accelerates Covid-19 vaccination for all locals
- Initiatives lead to changes hospitals in Hanoi
- Communication matters immensely in combating Monkeypox: CDC
- Vietnam steps up surveillance amid monkeypox outbreak in 75 countries
- Hanoi confirms first Omicron BA.5 community infections, most cases have mild symptoms
- Public urged to get booster shots against Omicron subvariants
- BA.5 Omicron sub-variant detected in Vietnam
- Fourth fixed blood donation center opens in Hanoi
- Vietnam's biggest hospital equipped with new liquid oxygen system funded by US
- US CDC senior officials visit Vietnam to strengthen multi-country partnership
Hanoi Best Singing Voice Contest 2022 launched
Vietnam’s businesses urged to stay active in FTA utilization
Hanoi's students participate in fire safety knowledge training
One Year After, One Year Lost
Cultural industry to contribute 5% of Hanoi’s GRDP by 2025
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi