April 12: Vietnam reports 2 more coronavirus cases, 260 in total
Coronavirus transmission pace seems to slow over the last few days, with several cases confirmed per day.
Vietnam on Sunday [April 12] confirmed two more coronavirus cases, bringing the total number to 260, the Ministry of Health reported.
|Many areas maintain strict quarantine. Photo: Thanh Nien|
Both new cases are from Hanoi’s Ha Loi village that is currently on lockdown. The village of more than 11,000 residents is being isolated for two weeks.
So far, eight villagers have tested positive for the virus. The village’s first coronavirus case is linked to Bach Mai Hospital, the biggest epicenter in Vietnam.
As of April 12, as many as 144 Covid-19 patients have fully recovered, accounting for 55.38% of the case count.
Meanwhile, the active cases are under treatment at 14 medical facilities. Of total 116 active cases, one patient is supported by extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), two with ventilators, and five given breathing assistance, according to the Ministry of Health.
Of the total 260 Covid-19 patients in Vietnam, 159 were from abroad (accounting for 61.2%) and 101 others are secondary transmissions.
Currently, as many as 57,726 Vietnamese nationals coming from coronavirus-affected areas are under quarantine at concentrated areas, statistics by the National Committee for Search and Rescue (Vinasarcom) showed.
- WHO, FAO encourage people to take action for a healthier and safer Vietnam
- World AIDS Day: Vietnam sets out ambitious goals
- Kids in Hanoi to receive high doses of vitamin A
- Hanoi addresses students' mental health issues
- Hanoi strengthens periodic and unexpected inspection in school kitchens
- Hanoi sets targets for higher adult height by 2030
- Weekly Covid-19 update: Hanoi monitors new variants of coronavirus
- Japan supports Hanoi-based hospitals in training of rehabilitation for elderly
- Vietnam – Important health partner of the US: HHS
- Supervision over foreign entrants with monkeypox symptoms to be tightened at Noi Bai Airport
Promote the heritage of Thang Long Imperial Citadel in France
VinFast files for US public listing
WHO, FAO encourage people to take action for a healthier and safer Vietnam
Hanoi People’s Council convenes 10th session
Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts
Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation