April 12: Vietnam reports 2 more coronavirus cases, 260 in total
Coronavirus transmission pace seems to slow over the last few days, with several cases confirmed per day.
Vietnam on Sunday [April 12] confirmed two more coronavirus cases, bringing the total number to 260, the Ministry of Health reported.
|Many areas maintain strict quarantine. Photo: Thanh Nien|
Both new cases are from Hanoi’s Ha Loi village that is currently on lockdown. The village of more than 11,000 residents is being isolated for two weeks.
So far, eight villagers have tested positive for the virus. The village’s first coronavirus case is linked to Bach Mai Hospital, the biggest epicenter in Vietnam.
As of April 12, as many as 144 Covid-19 patients have fully recovered, accounting for 55.38% of the case count.
Meanwhile, the active cases are under treatment at 14 medical facilities. Of total 116 active cases, one patient is supported by extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), two with ventilators, and five given breathing assistance, according to the Ministry of Health.
Of the total 260 Covid-19 patients in Vietnam, 159 were from abroad (accounting for 61.2%) and 101 others are secondary transmissions.
Currently, as many as 57,726 Vietnamese nationals coming from coronavirus-affected areas are under quarantine at concentrated areas, statistics by the National Committee for Search and Rescue (Vinasarcom) showed.
- Heartbeat Vietnam celebrates 10,000 congenital heart saves
- Vietnam to establish warehouses for orphan drugs
- Vietnam aims to be ASEAN's vaccine production hub
- Vietnam secures Covid-19 vaccine supply for expanded immunization program
- Global Fund pledges support for Vietnam to end AIDS, TB and malaria
- It’s high time to scale up HPV vaccination
- Vietnam – exceptional example of fighting against HIV/AIDS: PEPFAR
- World Immunization Week: Vietnam encouraged to catch up childhood vaccinations
- First made-in-Vietnam Covid-19 herbal medicine announced
- Vietnam encouraged to eliminate malaria
Red River - a centerpiece in Hanoi’s green development
Vietnam News Highlights for June 6, 2023
Australian Prime Minister tastes banh mi in Hanoi
New apartment buildings must have life span: Hanoi Party Chief
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet
First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia