April 20: Vietnam confirms no new cases for four consecutive days
The high ratio of convalescents is significantly resulted from regular consultation among leading doctors and health experts.
On Tuesday [April 20], Vietnam has reported no new coronavirus cases for the fourth day in a row with the total infections of 268.
|More Vietnam's Covid-19 patients return to normal health. Photo: VietNamNet|
On the same day, 12 Covid-19 patients returned to normal health, totaling 214 convalescents as of April 20.
Speaking at a meeting on April 18, Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long attributed the high ratio of convalescents to regular experience exchange among leading doctors and health experts in the treatment for Covid-19 patients.
He highlighted the importance of online consultation to find the optimal treatment for the patients.
On April 18, Vietnam launched the Center for Supporting Consultation of Covid-19 Patients to regularly organize online consultation for the best treatment of patients and those in critical condition regardless of their location.
Of the total infections, 160 are imported, accounting for 59.7%, and 108 are of secondary transmission.
As of April 20, the number of people under quarantine is 51,069, including 308 at hospitals, 10,759 at concentrated facilities, and the remaining 42,002 at lodging stations and at home, according to the Ministry of Health.
- BA.5 Omicron sub-variant detected in Vietnam
- Fourth fixed blood donation center opens in Hanoi
- Vietnam's biggest hospital equipped with new liquid oxygen system funded by US
- US CDC senior officials visit Vietnam to strengthen multi-country partnership
- Hanoi to administer fourth dose of Covid-19 vaccines this week
- First two Vietnamese universities enter top 100 in Asia rankings 2022
- Vietnam makes world's first African swine fever vaccine
- Vietnam ranks 9th among global average intelligence quotient
- Vietnam tightens entry surveillance over fears of Monkeypox
- UNICEF calls upon Vietnam to address child undernutrition
Hanoi eyes cooperation with UK to develop clean energy
Northern Vietnam braces for first tropical storm of 2022
Some 155 Vietnamese athletes to partake in ASEAN Para Games 2022
Vietnam's National Assembly to legalize commitments at COP26
Vietnam looks for UK support in finalizing financial regulations: NA Chairman
UK multinationals pledge long-term presence in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half
Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge