April 20: Vietnam confirms no new cases for four consecutive days
The high ratio of convalescents is significantly resulted from regular consultation among leading doctors and health experts.
On Tuesday [April 20], Vietnam has reported no new coronavirus cases for the fourth day in a row with the total infections of 268.
|More Vietnam's Covid-19 patients return to normal health. Photo: VietNamNet|
On the same day, 12 Covid-19 patients returned to normal health, totaling 214 convalescents as of April 20.
Speaking at a meeting on April 18, Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long attributed the high ratio of convalescents to regular experience exchange among leading doctors and health experts in the treatment for Covid-19 patients.
He highlighted the importance of online consultation to find the optimal treatment for the patients.
On April 18, Vietnam launched the Center for Supporting Consultation of Covid-19 Patients to regularly organize online consultation for the best treatment of patients and those in critical condition regardless of their location.
Of the total infections, 160 are imported, accounting for 59.7%, and 108 are of secondary transmission.
As of April 20, the number of people under quarantine is 51,069, including 308 at hospitals, 10,759 at concentrated facilities, and the remaining 42,002 at lodging stations and at home, according to the Ministry of Health.
- Heartbeat Vietnam celebrates 10,000 congenital heart saves
- Vietnam to establish warehouses for orphan drugs
- Vietnam aims to be ASEAN's vaccine production hub
- Vietnam secures Covid-19 vaccine supply for expanded immunization program
- Global Fund pledges support for Vietnam to end AIDS, TB and malaria
- It’s high time to scale up HPV vaccination
- Vietnam – exceptional example of fighting against HIV/AIDS: PEPFAR
- World Immunization Week: Vietnam encouraged to catch up childhood vaccinations
- First made-in-Vietnam Covid-19 herbal medicine announced
- Vietnam encouraged to eliminate malaria
New apartment buildings must have life span: Hanoi Party Chief
Norway strengthens support to Vietnam's sustainable marine aquaculture
Covid-19 meets criteria for influenza status in Vietnam: PM
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet
First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia
Two new suburban tourist spots diversify Hanoi’s travel options