April 21: No coronavirus cases found in Vietnam for five successive days
As of Tuesday, the number of convalescents accounts for 81% of the total infections.
No more coronavirus cases have been detected in Vietnam on Tuesday [April 21], lengthening the zero-case streak to five days with 268 in total.
|Covalescents in Vietnam account for 81% of the total infections as of April 21. Photo: VTC|
Meanwhile, the list of convalescents was added with two on the day, reaching 216. The number of people returning to normal health accounts for 81% of the infections.
The number of suspected cases was 368.
As of April 21, more than 75,700 people are under quarantine, including 268 at hospitals, 15,300 at concentrated centers, and the remaining are at home and lodging facilities, data of the Ministry of Health shows.
Tran Dac Phu, senior advisor to the Vietnam Public Health Emergency Operations Center (PHEOC), said that no new cases for several days does not mean that there’s the end of community transmission. Therefore, the country must keep vigilance on the pandemic, the Voice of Vietnam (VOV) reported.
The health expert attributed the result largely to the two-week nationwide social distancing period.
However, he warned that threats of outbreak and community transmission remain potential and called for more attention to the pandemic among the people.
- Heartbeat Vietnam celebrates 10,000 congenital heart saves
- Vietnam to establish warehouses for orphan drugs
- Vietnam aims to be ASEAN's vaccine production hub
- Vietnam secures Covid-19 vaccine supply for expanded immunization program
- Global Fund pledges support for Vietnam to end AIDS, TB and malaria
- It’s high time to scale up HPV vaccination
- Vietnam – exceptional example of fighting against HIV/AIDS: PEPFAR
- World Immunization Week: Vietnam encouraged to catch up childhood vaccinations
- First made-in-Vietnam Covid-19 herbal medicine announced
- Vietnam encouraged to eliminate malaria
New deals inked during Australia PM’s visit to Vietnam
Vietnam News Highlights for June 4, 2023
Covid-19 meets criteria for influenza status in Vietnam: PM
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet
First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia
Two new suburban tourist spots diversify Hanoi’s travel options