April 22: Vietnam passes six days without new coronavirus cases
On the day, a town of 7,600 people in North Vietnam was placed under lockdown.
April 22 marked the sixth straight day without Vietnam reporting new coronavirus cases, keeping the tally at 268, and no deaths have been confirmed so far.
|Dong Van town, which is home to 7,600 people, is on lockdown. Photo: H.Q/Zing|
The number of convalescents has reached 223 as of April 22, accounting for 83% of the country’s total infections, statistics by the Ministry of Health showed.
At present, 45 active cases are under treatment at nine medical stations nationwide, of whom three, including a British national, are in critical condition.
As of April 22, the number of people under quarantine was 67,022, including 358 at hospitals, 18,263 at concentrated centers, and the remaining of 48,401 at home and lodging facilities.
On the day, the northwestern province of Ha Giang put Dong Van town on lockdown six days after a Covid-19 patient was confirmed. The town of 27,500 hectares with 7,600 people will be shut for at least two weeks.
The Covid-19 patient from Ha Giang is a 16-year-old H’mong girl who is believed to be infected SARS-CoV-2 from her brothers who went to work in the neighboring country of China.
Ha Giang has identified 917 people who are linked to the patients, 252 of them are in mass quarantine and 665 under self-isolation at home. Notably, 20 medical workers and 15 border guards are involved, according to local authorities.
- BA.5 Omicron sub-variant detected in Vietnam
- Fourth fixed blood donation center opens in Hanoi
- Vietnam's biggest hospital equipped with new liquid oxygen system funded by US
- US CDC senior officials visit Vietnam to strengthen multi-country partnership
- Hanoi to administer fourth dose of Covid-19 vaccines this week
- First two Vietnamese universities enter top 100 in Asia rankings 2022
- Vietnam makes world's first African swine fever vaccine
- Vietnam ranks 9th among global average intelligence quotient
- Vietnam tightens entry surveillance over fears of Monkeypox
- UNICEF calls upon Vietnam to address child undernutrition
Hanoi eyes cooperation with UK to develop clean energy
Northern Vietnam braces for first tropical storm of 2022
Some 155 Vietnamese athletes to partake in ASEAN Para Games 2022
Vietnam's National Assembly to legalize commitments at COP26
Vietnam looks for UK support in finalizing financial regulations: NA Chairman
UK multinationals pledge long-term presence in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half
Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge