April 4: Suspected coronavirus cases in Vietnam fall by nearly 1,000 in a day
In response to the prime minister's request, a number of tough measures have been taken in different localities.
The number of people suspected of having SARS-CoV-2 in Vietnam decreases by nearly 1,000 to 3,736 as of April 4, according to the Vietnam Public Health Emergency Operations Center (PHEOC).
|Vietnam is taking tough measures as the nationwide isolation enters the fourth day. Photo: VnExpress|
Suspected cases are people who were in close contact with Covid-19 patients or those coming from epidemic-hit areas and having disease symptoms like coughing, fever, and shortness of breath.
As many as 73,000 people who made contact with infected cases and those from the high-risk areas are under mass quarantine, the highest number since the breakout of the epidemic, while 36,000 are under home isolation.
As of April 4, Vietnam reported 240 people infected with the novel coronavirus, including 90 who have fully recovered.
Hanoi remains the top for the number of Covid-19 patients with 107 cases (including 38 cured), followed by Ho Chi Minh City with 53 infected cases (including 22 cured).
So far, no death has been reported in the country although several patients have been in critical condition.
To serve the fight against the epidemic, the Ministry of Health has asked medical equipment producers nationwide to boost production and import to ensure supply for domestic use.
Vietnam has entered the fourth day of the two-week nationwide stay-at-home period which is called the "golden time" to curb the virus spread. Accordingly, a number of cities and provinces like Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Haiphong, Quang Ninh, Bac Giang, and Quang Nam have taken swift action in response to the prime minister's request.
- Hanoi multiplies model of high-quality traditional medicine clinics
- Hanoi hospitals adjust service charges, remain confused about new pricing rule
- Hanoi to complete four major hospitals at gateways by 2025
- First Vietnamese physician nominated for WHO Western Pacific directorship
- Vietnam holds historic meeting to protect human, animal and environmental health
- Vietnam strengthens cooperation in vaccines and biologics for disease prevention
- Hanoi students win KIYO 4i with excellent results
- Vietnam calls on Abbott to invest in pharmaceutical industry
- Another five-star hospital to be opened in Hanoi in 2025
- WHO, UNICEF support Vietnam in routine childhood immunization
Hanoi ratifies resolution on enhancing fire prevention and firefighting
Vietnam news in brief - September 23
Friendly LGBT community destinations in Vietnam
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters