April 8: Vietnam reports two new coronavirus cases, convalescents double
Over the last days, the number of convalescents has been on the rise.
Vietnam on April 8 confirmed two more people infected with the novel coronavirus while four patients have fully recovered and been discharged of hospital.
|A medical worker checks temperature of residents in an affected area in Hanoi. Photo: Zing|
The latest cases has raised the country’s coronavirus count to 251 while the number of people allowed to leave hospital rose to 126.
Since the start of the national isolation period on April 1, Vietnam has seen the increasing number of convalescents, higher than the newly-confirmed cases.
Data: Ministry of Health. Chart: Linh Pham
Notably, the number of Covid-19 suspects has sharply decreased, to 2,537 as of April 8, from 3,736 as of April 4, and nearly 4,700 as of April 3, statistics by the Vietnam Public Health Emergency Operations Center (PHEOC) showed.
People suspected of contracting SARS-CoV-2 are those who came into close contact with Covid-19 patients or those coming from epidemic-hit areas and having disease symptoms like coughing, fever, and shortness of breath.
Over the past few days, the number of tests for coronavirus has jumped as Hanoi boosted mass testing to promptly detect community transmissions that have worried local authorities.
After Bach Mai Hospital is identified as a coronavirus hot spot, Hanoi has tracked down people who had come to the hospital from March 10 to record their health conditions. Rapid testing booths have been set up across the city.
So far, Vietnam has taken 110,124 coronavirus tests.
- Hanoi confirms over 200 Covid-19 patients for seven consecutive days
- Hanoi no longer requires Covid-19 quarantine mandate on returnees from high-risk areas
- HCMC-based Cho Ray Hospital honored at International Hospital Federation’s awards
- Hanoi shortens interval between AstraZeneca doses
- Hanoi to set up more than 500 makeshift medical stations
- Phase-out of mercury-containing dental fillings gains momentum
- Vietnam vaccine passports recognized by US, UK
- Japan’s drug maker to begin Covid-19 vaccine Phase 3 clinical trial in Vietnam
- Vietnam reports more Covid-19 infections, big cities urge vaccine booster shots
- Vietnam's child coronavirus vaccination drive kicks off in HCMC
Vietnam among Switzerland’s priorities for economic cooperation: Swiss President
Post-pandemic tourism: harnessing the value of cultural heritages
Marvelous season of marigold flowers in Ba Vi Mountain
Vietnam joins the world to end violence against women
Japanese giants pledge further support for Vietnam
Vietnam holds national cultural conference after 75 years
Surge in supply of Vietnam’s green buildings
Hanoi begins inoculating children with Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines
Initiative supports Vietnamese SIBs in addressing Covid-19 aftermath