August 13: Vietnam reports 25 new coronavirus cases, tally hits 905
Half of the total Covid-19 patients in Vietnam are confirmed after the community transmission returned late in July.
Vietnam confirmed another 25 people infected with SARS-CoV-2 on August 13, taking the case count to 905, with more than half of infections found in the beach city of Danang where the virus reemerged three weeks ago.
|The Ministry of Health said that new infections will continue rising in the coming days. Photo: Zing|
The new infections included 14 in Danang, which continued to be the hardest-hit locality with 315 cases, and eight imported ones.
On the same day, three Covid-19 patients died due to pneumonia caused by coronavirus, end-stage renal failure, cardiovascular failure, hypertension, Type 2 diabetes, and multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS).
The virus has appreared in the community in 15 cities and provinces which are Danang, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Dak Lak, Lang Son, Bac Giang, Thai Binh, Ha Nam, Hai Duong, Thanh Hoa, Khanh Hoa, Dong Nai, and Bac Lieu.
|Newly-confirmed cases and deaths in Vietnam since the return of the virus in the community. Source: MOH. Chart: Linh Pham|
The widespread outbreak has prompted the government and local authorities to take tough measures, including lockdown, social distancing, wearing face masks in public places, among others.
In the latest move, the northern province of Hai Duong has decided to put its head city under lockdown from August 14.
- Hanoi accelerates Covid-19 vaccination for all locals
- Initiatives lead to changes hospitals in Hanoi
- Communication matters immensely in combating Monkeypox: CDC
- Vietnam steps up surveillance amid monkeypox outbreak in 75 countries
- Hanoi confirms first Omicron BA.5 community infections, most cases have mild symptoms
- Public urged to get booster shots against Omicron subvariants
- BA.5 Omicron sub-variant detected in Vietnam
- Fourth fixed blood donation center opens in Hanoi
- Vietnam's biggest hospital equipped with new liquid oxygen system funded by US
- US CDC senior officials visit Vietnam to strengthen multi-country partnership
Vietnam, UN accelerate Sustainable Development Goals in 5-year cooperation
Hanoi selected to support sustainable product value chains
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Hanoi verifies promoting Covid-19 vaccination as key task
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure
People and businesses urged to take part in the digitalization: PM