August 12: Vietnam reports 17 coronavirus infections, one in Hanoi
On Wednesday, one more death of Covid-19 was reported, becoming the 17th casualty in Vietnam.
Vietnam’s coronavirus caseload reached 880 as of Wednesday evening after 17 more cases were confirmed during the day, including one in Hanoi.
|A family at Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi on July 28. Photo: EPA/Jiji|
Up to 13 cases are from Danang, the hotspot of coronavirus outbreaks having 301 infections, including 14 deaths.
The case in Hanoi has prompted local authorities to intensify contract tracing to find out people whom the Covid-19 patient made contact with. So far, Hanoi confirmed seven infections since the resurgence of SARS-CoV-2 in the community in late July.
On Wednesday, one more death of Covid-19 was reported, becoming the 17th casualty in Vietnam. This case is a 55-year-old man in Danang who died of pneumonia caused by Covid-19, Type 1 diabetes, end-stage renal failure, septic shock, and multiple organ dysfunction syndrome.
On the same day, chairing a meeting with heads of relevant agencies and 15 cities and provinces which are currently affected by Covid-19, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc asked them to improve medical capacity and boost online checkup to classify suspected people.
The Ministry of Health predicted there would be a number of undetected infections in the community.
- Vietnam reports 70-100 human deaths from rabies each year
- Hanoi ensures treatment for patients infected with Adenovirus
- US sponsors ten more liquid oxygen systems for Vietnam’s hospitals
- Vietnam plans Covid-19 inoculation for six-month-old infants
- US intensifies healthcare cooperation with Vietnam
- Stronger regulations needed to control dietary supplements
- Hanoi's fifth fixed blood donation center opens
- Hanoi keeps vigilant against Covid-19
- UNFPA, MRI explore best models for Vietnam’s old persons
- DPM orders faster Covid-19 vaccination roll-out amid rising case number
Hanoi's GRDP growth surges 9.69% in nine months
It’s a complicated world but we all need to eat – without consuming the world in the process
Vietnam among fastest growing economies in East Asia – Pacific region: WB
Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
Vietnamese, foreign firms must store data in cyberspace from October
Trade cooperation: Highlight of Vietnam-EU relations
Khau Pha Paragliding Festival offers spectacular scenery from a bird-eye view
[Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam 2022 e-Business Index
Vietnam Airlines listed among the world’s best 100