August 4: Vietnam’s coronavirus infections rise to 652
The newest cases are all linked to Danang, the hot spot of coronavirus outbreak after 99 days of no local transmission in Vietnam.
The number of coronavirus infections in Vietnam hit 652 as of Tuesday after 10 new patients were confirmed to be positive with the virus this morning.
|As the infections surge, Vietnam intensifies massive testing. Photo: Vietnamfinance|
All the newly-infected cases are linked to Danang and hospitals in the beach city in particular, according to the National Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control.
The new daily batch brings the country’s total locally-transmitted infections to 205 since the return of community transmission on July 25, including 142 in Danang, 44 in Quang Nam, 8 in Ho Chi Minh City, 3 in Quang Ngai and Dak Lak each, 2 in Hanoi, 1 in Thai Binh, Ha Nam and Dong Nai each.
|Vietnam's new coronavirus infections and total from the return of SARS-CoV-2 in the community. Source: MOH. Chart: Linh Pham|
Over the last four days, six Covid-19 patients aging from 53 to 88 have died due to pre-existing condition. They are the first deaths of the diease in Vietnam since the first Covid-19 case in the country was reported on January 23.
Currently, another 13 patients are in critical health status.
Meanwhile, the number of convalescents reaches 374 or 58.25% of the total infections.
Since the virus reappeared in the community, the number of people put under quarantine is on the rise. At present, up to 103,000 are quarantined at hospitals, concentrated centers, and at home.
- Vietnam steps up vigilance against deadly Marburg
- British couple thank Vietnamese health workers for saving their lives
- Vietnam closely monitors passengers from H5N1-stricken areas
- Hanoi to reduce third childbirth rate this year
- A Hanoi elite citizen with 24 years caring for people’s health
- Vietnam shows leading role in regional health services: US CDC
- Vietnam strengthens supervision at border gates to monitor new Covid-19 variants
- US, Vietnam can rely on each other: CDC
- Hanoi to ensure of Covid-19 vaccination course for children aged 5-11
- Hanoi to ensure medicine supply during Tet holiday
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world