August 4: Vietnam’s coronavirus infections rise to 652
The newest cases are all linked to Danang, the hot spot of coronavirus outbreak after 99 days of no local transmission in Vietnam.
The number of coronavirus infections in Vietnam hit 652 as of Tuesday after 10 new patients were confirmed to be positive with the virus this morning.
|As the infections surge, Vietnam intensifies massive testing. Photo: Vietnamfinance|
All the newly-infected cases are linked to Danang and hospitals in the beach city in particular, according to the National Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control.
The new daily batch brings the country’s total locally-transmitted infections to 205 since the return of community transmission on July 25, including 142 in Danang, 44 in Quang Nam, 8 in Ho Chi Minh City, 3 in Quang Ngai and Dak Lak each, 2 in Hanoi, 1 in Thai Binh, Ha Nam and Dong Nai each.
|Vietnam's new coronavirus infections and total from the return of SARS-CoV-2 in the community. Source: MOH. Chart: Linh Pham|
Over the last four days, six Covid-19 patients aging from 53 to 88 have died due to pre-existing condition. They are the first deaths of the diease in Vietnam since the first Covid-19 case in the country was reported on January 23.
Currently, another 13 patients are in critical health status.
Meanwhile, the number of convalescents reaches 374 or 58.25% of the total infections.
Since the virus reappeared in the community, the number of people put under quarantine is on the rise. At present, up to 103,000 are quarantined at hospitals, concentrated centers, and at home.
- Vietnamese doctors master single-port endoscopy
- EU Green Education: Significant to biodiversity protection in Vietnam
- Health sector joins efforts against climate change
- Treatment abroad no longer necessary for Vietnamese heart patients: Minister of Health
- Hanoi to host ASEAN Cardiology Congress 2023
- WHO praises Vietnam’s public health achievement
- Hanoi multiplies model of high-quality traditional medicine clinics
- Hanoi hospitals adjust service charges, remain confused about new pricing rule
- Hanoi to complete four major hospitals at gateways by 2025
- First Vietnamese physician nominated for WHO Western Pacific directorship
Hanoi is World's Leading City Break Destination
Vietnam news in brief - December 5
Vietnam’s e-commerce market set to hit US$20.5 billion
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries
Vietnam advised to use cultural heritage as material for creative industries