May 19, 2018 / 16:54
Bien Hoa Industrial Park to be turned into a commercial and service area
The southern province of Dong Nai has been working with agencies on a project to turn Bien Hoa I Industrial Zone into a commercial and service centre.
Dong Nai province’s authorities expect to turn Bien Hoa I Industrial zone into a commercial and service area
The Bien Hoa I Industrial Zone has 80 businesses, 40 of which have a land-lease contract until 2051.
The province said it would take back land from businesses that have expired land- lease contracts.
For those businesses that still have land-lease contracts, the province will offer compensation so they can relocate as soon as possible.
According to Sonadezi, the total cost of the project is 15 trillion VND (658 million USD), including 2.4 trillion VND for construction and equipment, 7.5 trillion VND for compensation and clearance, and 1.3 trillion VND for supporting businesses and labourers.
The project is expected to be completed by 2025.
Businesses in the industrial zone discharge more than 9,000m3 wastewater per day into Dong Nai river.
Millions of people in Bien Hoa city and neighbouring southern provinces are affected by the polluted water from the Dong Nai River.
Nguyen Phu Cuong, secretary of Dong Nai provincial Party Committee, said that, in order to solve environment problems, by the end of 2022 the province would shut down Bien Hoa I Industrial Zone.
The project is expected to bring great benefit, solve environmental problems, and develop the province, he added.
The province proposed this project 10 years ago, but it was delayed due to the authorities’ changing dates on when the industrial zone should be shut down.
- Thang Long Industrial Park urged to streamline administrative procedures for manufacturers
- Vietnam leads top choice for global investors: Cushman & Wakefield
- Vietnam-Singapore III Industrial Park to be built in Binh Duong this month
- Vietnam Prime Minister approves three industrial parks
- Recruitment demand of foreign manufacturers surges in 2021
- New industrial project expected to lure high-tech investment in Thai Binh
- Vietnam draws US$6 billion in FDI to industrial and economic zones in H1
- Strong FDI brings gold for Vietnam’s industrial zone developers
- Foreign investment fuels industrial real estate in Vietnam
- Many foreign investors eye industrial property in Vietnam: JLL
Vietnam prioritizes macroeconomic stability in 2023: PM
Demand for housing in Hanoi forecast to rise in 2023
Vietnam publishes book on Communist Party chief’s anti-corruption
Hanoi ranked 5th among safest cities in Southeast Asia
Hanoians show passion for flowers
Vietnam’s tourism forecast to strongly rebound in five years
Admiring 2,023 feline statuettes made by Hanoi artist
Overseas Vietnamese eagerly await Tet and spring
Switzerland to support Vietnam’s transition to green economy