Canada supports LGBT rights, anti-human trafficking work
“The Embassy of Canada in Vietnam is pleased to support these excellent projects. We hope that the projects will directly contribute to the improvement LGBT rights and the prevention of anti-human trafficking in Vietnam” said David Devine, Ambassador of Canada to Vietnam.
The ICS Center in Ho Chi Minh City will receive CAD30,607 for the Project: “LGBT rights are human rights – Building capacity to sustain the movement for LGBT human rights in Vietnam at the national and local levels”. The project is to sustain the momentum of the movement for human rights of LGBT persons at the national level and to spearhead the movement in 15 provinces.
The CCIHP will receive CAD30,430 for the project: “Voices Beyond Borders: Combating Human Trafficking in Northern Border Provinces of Vietnam”. It will address human trafficking in Lao Cai province through the use of creative communication (photo-voice) and direct advocacy undertaken by survivors of trafficking and their families to raise awareness of trafficking, help to prevent it from occurring, and to work to ensure that survivors of trafficking are supported and perpetrators prosecuted.
The CDI will receive CAD33,215 for the project: “Legal support to at risk groups and victims of human trafficking in Trung Khanh border district, Cao Bang province”. It aims to improve the legal understanding and to provide legal counseling for local stakeholders in Cao Bang in order to improve the capacity of those vulnerable to human-trafficking to protect themselves. It also supports for returning victims. About 1600 people of 3 communes in Trung Khanh district are expected to directly benefit from this project.
- JICA launches project on production of protein-free natural rubber in Vietnam
- EC recognizes Vietnam's Covid-19 digital certificates
- Australia shares 7.2M Covid-19 vaccine doses for Vietnam children
- Field trips help raise student awareness of nature protection in world biosphere reserve
- UNFPA promotes comprehensive development of Vietnam youth in US$3M project
- Vietnam's climate change strategy plays a key policy instrument
- Hanoi tightens food safety inspection post-Covid-19
- USAID-MPI agreement expands support to Vietnam
- Vietnam’s social protection system needs further reform
- Associations propose postponing minimum wage rise
SEA Games 31: Vietnam and Thailand to compete for football gold medal
Hanoi earmarks US$1 billion for Ring road No.4 project
Where to go and what to do in Hanoi for locals and tourists?
Exhibitions mark President Ho Chi Minh’s 132nd birthday anniversary
The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership facilitates investment activities: PM
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19
Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
SEA Games 31 delegates get free Hanoi Bus Tour