Classes could only be resumed if safety ensured: Deputy PM
The Vietnamese government and schools need to strive by all means to ensure that schools and classrooms are really safe for students.
Schools must be safe before the resumption of classes, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam said at a meeting on new corona virus diseases Covid-19 prevention on February 14, VnExpress reported.
"Safe both from the professional perspective and in the mind of students and their parents. Students should not go back to schools if they still fear being infected with the novel coronavirus (nCoV) and still have to wear a medical mask in classroom," Dam said.
The deputy PM requested the Ministry of Education and Training to provide detailed instructions so that all levels, schools, teachers, students and parents can take measures to ensure students’ health before they return to school.
First of all, the Vietnamese government and schools need to strive by all means to ensure that schools and classrooms are really safe for students, Dam added.
Earlier, the Ministry of Health suggested that localities that are still free from the nCoV epidemic can reopen schools after sterilization.
For localities where nCoV-infected patients are detected, the local Department of Education and Training must continue to monitor and allow the students to return to school only after preventive measures are taken, infected people are isolated and there are no new nCoV-infected cases.
Minister of Education and Training Phung Xuan Nha on Friday affirmed that the school year 2019-2020 will be extended due to the Covid-19 epidemic.
- Thanh Bui joins hands with Singapore's leading university to help start-ups
- South Korea, Vietnam to enhance educational cooperation
- Hanoi boosts cashless transfer and digital transformation in schools
- Digital transformation in vocational education: Key for future growth of Vietnam
- All Hanoi contestants win prizes at IOAA 2023
- Gender gaps must be addressed in STEAM education: UNICEF
- Hanoi schools promise no unregulated fees
- Hanoi teachers to extend online English classes in Meo Vac District
- Vietnam names teams for World Robot Olympiad
- Hanoi promotes IT application to avoid school enrollment queues
Hanoi Party Chief expects stronger ties with Guangdong Province
Vietnam news in brief - September 26
Vietnam-Brazil relations: Gateways to regional markets
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters