Covid-19 epidemic in Vietnam is under control
Vietnam has done a great work in screening, preventing and quarantining Covid-19 suspected people.
Vietnam is at high risk of Covid-19 outbreak, but the country has kept it under control until now, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam said at a meeting on February 12.
|Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam speaks at the meeting. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn|
At the meeting, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam and other participants agreed that the epidemic situation remains complicated, but the number of infections in Vietnam is limited, and their treatment has yielded positive results.
Vietnam has done a great job in screening and quarantining people suspected of infection; disinfecting high-risk areas and preventing concentration of people, stressed the deputy PM.
More doctors will be sent to Vinh Phuc province, the locality with the most infected people. The central government will also support the province by providing medical equipment to help the locality stamp out the disease.
At the meeting, members of the Steering Committee for Disease Control and Prevention also asked local authorities to keep medical screening and isolation because this is a "golden period" to quarantine and stop the disease spreading.
The participation of communities during the "golden period" will contribute significantly in preventing the disease.
Vietnam has reported 15 cases of infection, of them seven have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
As of February 12, the number of nCoV infections reached 45,171 globally while the death toll has risen to 1,115, including two outside China.
- Some 30,000 volunteers offer helping hands to clean up trash across Vietnam
- Phu Bai Int'l Airport pilots biometric passenger identification system
- Hanoi launches free health check-up program
- Vietnam responds to Int’l Day for Biological Diversity 2023
- Hanoi Agricultural Promotion Fund helps farmers expand production
- National hotline matters to domestic violence prevention
- Vietnam to simplify work permit for foreign businesses and workers
- More Vietnamese workers sent overseas
- Vietnam Book and Reading Culture Day observed in Ho Chi Minh City
- Hanoi pilots issuance of digital birth and death certificates
Photo Hanoi'23: Zoom in on Vietnamese culture
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Overseas Vietnamese wins Silver Award at world’s prestigious flower exhibition
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia
Two new suburban tourist spots diversify Hanoi’s travel options
European Film Festival 2023 opens in Hanoi
Nguyen The Son reveals his Decade of Exposure
Reformed artist Minh Hai: Proud when father and son play the role of Uncle Ho
Related countries should be firm on their South China Sea stance