Vietnam confirms new 15 local Covid-19 infections in 2 days
The latest cases of coronavirus are linked to hospitals in Danang.
Vietnam has confirmed 15 more people infected with the novel coronavirus, all located in the central province of Quang Nam and neighboring Danang city where the first locally-transmitted case was detected five days ago.
The seven latest infections are linked to hospitals in Danang. Photo: VnExpress
The newest cases drive the tally in Vietnam to 446 as of July 29 morning. The number of convalescents reached 369, accounting for 82.73% of the total Covid-19 patients in Vietnam.
Since the first case of community transmission in more than months was detected on July 24, Vietnam has reported an additional 30 infections, including four health workers.
Most of the cases are linked to three hospitals in Danang namely Danang Hospital, Danang C Hospital, and Danang Orthopedic and Physical Rehabilitation Hospital.
So far, the sources of the first community transmission in Danang remain unknown. It is believed illegal immigrants brought the virus into Vietnam.
The return of Covid-19 in the community leaves Vietnam on high alert. From July 28, the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam under the Ministry of Transport has stopped all flights to and from Danang dor 15 days.
From July 28, downtown Danang has been put under lockdown, including three hospitals.
An estimated 80,000 inbound tourists have left Danang, one of the well-known tourist destinations in the country, over the past few days.
- Vietnam aims to be ASEAN's vaccine production hub
- Vietnam secures Covid-19 vaccine supply for expanded immunization program
- Global Fund pledges support for Vietnam to end AIDS, TB and malaria
- It’s high time to scale up HPV vaccination
- Vietnam – exceptional example of fighting against HIV/AIDS: PEPFAR
- World Immunization Week: Vietnam encouraged to catch up childhood vaccinations
- First made-in-Vietnam Covid-19 herbal medicine announced
- Vietnam encouraged to eliminate malaria
- Sharp decrease in childhood immunization in Vietnam during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Hanoi urges people to lead healthy lifestyles
E-visa expiry should be in 60-90 days: Lawmakers
Vietnam News Highlights for May 28, 2023
Diversified cultural activities for children to take place in June
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia
Two new suburban tourist spots diversify Hanoi’s travel options
European Film Festival 2023 opens in Hanoi
Nguyen The Son reveals his Decade of Exposure
Reformed artist Minh Hai: Proud when father and son play the role of Uncle Ho