May 23, 2023 | 07:00:00 GMT+7 | Weather 26°
Follow us:
70th anniversary of Hanoi's Liberation Day Vietnam - Asia 2023 Smart City Summit Hanoi celebrates 15 years of administrative boundary adjustment 12th Vietnam-France decentrialized cooperation conference 31st Sea Games - Vietnam 2021 Covid-19 Pandemic
Dec 26, 2018 / 16:03

Dong Da Mound in Hanoi officially named national special relic site

This is the ninth batch of national special relic sites that gained recognition this year.

Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has approved a decision to recognize Dong Da Mound in Hanoi and Ngu Hanh Son in Da Nang as national special relic sites.
Dong Da Mound, Dong Da district, Hanoi. Photo:
Dong Da Mound, Dong Da district, Hanoi. Photo:
These two sites, together with other nine places, received prime ministerial approval this time to become national special relic sites.
In all, the list of the 11 relics includes Nhan tower – a unique symbol of the Cham’s architectural art in Tuy Hoa city, Phu Yen province; Thai Lac temple in Van Lam district, Hung Yen province; Le Hoan temple in Tho Xuan district, Thanh Hoa province; Tuong Phieu communal house in Phuc Tho district and So communal house in Quoc Oai district of Hanoi; Dong Da Mound in Dong Da district, Hanoi, Ngu Hanh Son in Ngu Hanh Son district, Da Nang.
Tho Tang communal house in Vinh Tuong district, Vinh Phuc province; the Correctional House in Buon Ma Thuot city, Dak Lak province; Truong Son road in Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien-Hue, Quang Nam, Kon Tum and Binh Phuoc provinces; Na Hang – Lam Binh Nature Reserve in Na Hang and Lam Binh districts, Tuyen Quang province.
According to the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, this new batch has raised the number of national special relic sites to 106.
Earlier, Mao Dien Temple of Literature and Xua Temple – Giam Pagoda – Bia Temple complex in the northern province of Hai Duong were recognized as national special relic sites in a ceremony held in Cam Giang district on December 16.
Mao Dien Temple of Literature, the second largest of its kind in Vietnam after the temple in Hanoi, was built during the early period of the Later Le Dynasty in Vinh Tuy commune, Binh Giang district in the 15th century. It was later moved to Cam Dien commune, Cam Giang during the Tay Son Dynasty (1788 – 1802).