Fate of Vietnamese Grand Prix remains unclear as Covid-19 rages
Due to Covid-19, the Vietnamese Grand Prix faces the possibility of being canceled.
The Formula One (F1) Race Organizing Board has announced four additional races for the 2020 F1 calendar, while the possibility of the race being held in Vietnam is uncertain.
|The F1 Vietnam Grand Prix 2020 is planned to take place in Hanoi. Photo: Hanoi Circuit|
Turkey, Bahrain, and Abu Dhabi will be part of the revised season, bringing the total number of races to 17, F1 said on its website.
A number of races in the revised 2020 season will be open to a limited number of fans, according to the statement.
According to the Hanoi People's Committee in July, Hanoi and the organizing board of the Vietnam Grand Prix made the decision to postpone the race until the end of November, in the hope that the Covid-19 pandemic will be under control by that time, with the objective of stimulating domestic tourism, helping to accelerate the economic recovery of the country and the capital.
The F1 Vietnam Grand Prix 2020 was planned to take place on April 3-5 but put off due to the raging Covid-19 pandemic. The postponement was aimed at ensuring the health and safety of the traveling staff, championship participants and fans, according to F1’s statement.
- Hanoi verifies promoting Covid-19 vaccination as key task
- Hanoi supports Vientiane manufacturers in marketing
- Hanoi to spend nearly $3.9ml on overseas training for public officials
- Promotion week of Chi Lang custard apple opens
- Hanoi, Vientiane share experience in improving efficiency of elected bodies
- Hanoi and Hoa Binh join hands to promote agro-produce sale
- Hanoi commits to taking relations with Vientiane to new height
- Prices of flowers and fruits for July full moon day up in Hanoi
- Exhibition enhances Hanoi-Vientiane relationship
- Hanoi-Vientiane cooperation strengthened in all spheres
Vietnam, UN accelerate Sustainable Development Goals in 5-year cooperation
Hanoi selected to support sustainable product value chains
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Hanoi verifies promoting Covid-19 vaccination as key task
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure
People and businesses urged to take part in the digitalization: PM