First two Vietnamese universities enter top 100 in Asia rankings 2022
This year's Asia University Rankings lists nearly 616 higher education institutions from 31 Asian countries and territories.
Duy Tan and Ton Duc Thang universities in Vietnam have been named among the top 100 universities in Asia in 2022 by Times Higher Education (THE) for the first time.
According to the Asian university rankings in 2022 published by THE in early June, Ton Duc Thang University ranked 73rd, the first in Vietnam. Duy Tan University is listed at 91st.
Ranking and evaluation scores of Vietnamese universities in THE list. Screenshot: Nguyen Ngan
The rankings of universities in Asia were compiled after THE evaluated a set of criteria with 13 indicators in 5 groups, name teaching (25%), research (30%), citations (30%) ), income from knowledge and technology transfer (7.5%) and international outlook (7.5%).
With this assessment, universities with strengths in research will have an advantage. Ton Duc Thang University has a score on citation criteria of 99.3/100. Duy Tan University even achieved absolute perfection in this criterion.
Moreover, Vietnam has three other representatives on the list, including Vietnam National University, Hanoi (VNU-HN) placed between 301st and 350th, Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City (VNU-HCMC) in the range of 401st-500th, and Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST), 501st+.
VNU-HN ranked first in Vietnam in the teaching criteria group with 22.3 points. Meanwhile, VNU-HCMC still maintains its strength in income from knowledge and technology transfer with 40.8 points.
This year, there are 616 educational institutions in 31 Asian countries and territories ranked by THE, an increase of 65 schools compared to the previous year. The top five positions remain unchanged from 2021, including Tsinghua and Beijing Universities (China), National University of Singapore, University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong), and Nanyang Technological University (Singapore).
- Hanoi accelerates Covid-19 vaccination for all locals
- Initiatives lead to changes hospitals in Hanoi
- Communication matters immensely in combating Monkeypox: CDC
- Vietnam steps up surveillance amid monkeypox outbreak in 75 countries
- Hanoi confirms first Omicron BA.5 community infections, most cases have mild symptoms
- Public urged to get booster shots against Omicron subvariants
- BA.5 Omicron sub-variant detected in Vietnam
- Fourth fixed blood donation center opens in Hanoi
- Vietnam's biggest hospital equipped with new liquid oxygen system funded by US
- US CDC senior officials visit Vietnam to strengthen multi-country partnership
Vietnam, UN accelerate Sustainable Development Goals in 5-year cooperation
Hanoi selected to support sustainable product value chains
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Hanoi verifies promoting Covid-19 vaccination as key task
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure
People and businesses urged to take part in the digitalization: PM