Five Vietnamese universities named among world top 1,600
The list includes the Vietnam National University-Hanoi which is in the range of 1,001-1,200.
Five Vietnamese representatives have broken into the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2022 which include more than 1,600 higher education institutions across 99 countries and territories.
Among the five higher education institutions, Ton Duc Thang University and Duy Tan University are ranked in 401st-500th group.
VNU-HN's students are studying at the library before the Covid-19 pandemic outbreaks in Vietnam. Photo: Thuy Truc
The list also includes the Vietnam National University-Hanoi (VNU-HN), which is in the range of 1,001-1,200; the Vietnam National University-Ho Chi Minh City (VNU-HCM) and the Hanoi University of Science and Technology are listed in the Group 1201+.
UK’s University of Oxford retains its first place in THE World University Rankings for the sixth consecutive year. It is followed by the California Institute of Technology and Harvard University, both from the US.
Mainland China has two institutions in the top 20 for the first time which are Peking University and Tsinghua University, both share 16th place.
The World University Rankings is based on 13 carefully calibrated performance indicators that measure an institution’s performance across five fields, including Teaching (the learning environment); Research (volume, income, and reputation); Citations (research influence); International outlook (staff, students and research); and Industry Income (knowledge transfer).
The ranking includes an analysis of 108 million citations from 14.4 million research publications, designed to recognize universities’ role in spreading new knowledge, as well as a survey of 22,000 academics worldwide.
- Localities to play key role in national image building
- USAID and Vietnam partner to improve quality of Vietnamese higher education
- UK-Vietnam partnerships for digital transformation
- Hanoi's students pocket seven medals at IOAA 2022
- Hanoi’s education sector maintains its leading position in the country
- Hanoi's students to begin new academic year on September 5
- US helps strengthen Vietnam's higher education in US$14-million partnership
- ASEAN roadmap 2025 to realize a common higher education space in Southeast Asia
- Vietnam urged to renovate education for SDG target
- Entire Vietnamese team bag gold at International Chemistry Olympiad 2022
Vietnam, Cuba ink action plan for further economic ties 2023-2025
Vietnam to expand Noi Bai International Airport by 2025
Vietnamese national treasures on calendar block
Hanoi's ethnic people keep traditional medicine alive
Khau Pha Paragliding Festival offers spectacular scenery from a bird-eye view
[Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam 2022 e-Business Index
Vietnam Airlines listed among the world’s best 100
Ten nominations for “Bui Xuan Phai – For the Love of Hanoi” Awards
Hanoi strengthens cooperation with Israel in urban management