Hanoi aids 500,000 people hit by Covid-19 pandemic
Most of the aid recipients said they were grateful to the Hanoi government’s timely support.
Hanoi has disbursed more than VND608 billion (US$26.4 million) to support 515,515 people affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, according to the municipal Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs.
The department has also dispatched inspection teams to supervise the aid payment. Most of the aid recipients said they were thankful for the timely support and that the aids have been delivered to the right people, according to reports from the inspection teams.
“My wife and I earn a living from an iced tea shop on the sidewalks. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have had to close our shop several times, making it harder for us to afford our two children, thus, I'm very touched since this assistance comes at the right moment,” Tran Dinh Diep, a veteran, told Hanoitimes.
People in Yen Nghia ward, Ha Dong district receive governmental aid. Photo: Oanh Tran
According to the Hanoi Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs, the city's districts have delivered support to the eligible people in accordance with regulations.
However, as the policy to support people affected by the Covid-19 pandemic is unprecedented and due to urgency of time, therefore, the aid delivery has not been smooth, the department said.
In addition to financial support from the government and the city, many districts have mobilized private funds to support non-public teachers and poor people to stabilize their lives.
In April 2020, Vietnam’s prime minister signed a decision to roll out a relief package worth VND62 trillion (US$2.7 billion) to support vulnerable people directly impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Tropical storm Mulan hits northern Vietnam
- Scientists approach new trends in environmental protection
- Hanoi university makes it to Webometrics 800 ranking
- Two storms forecast to hit Vietnam this month
- September 8 chosen as annual day to honor Vietnamese language abroad
- UN Women, Japan join hands to mitigate Covid-19 impact on Vietnamese women
- Hanoi provides employment assistance for over 137,000 workers
- A Vietnamese warm heart for Angola and Africa: better to give unasked
- Poverty reduction policies benefit additional 10% of Vietnamese population
- Vietnam levies fines for littering streets from August
Vu Lan festival: A cultural activity with Buddhist philosophy in Vietnam
Hanoi, Vientiane cooperation should be model for both sides: Vietnamese top leader
Vietnam seeks ways to boost competitiveness of tourism
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure
People and businesses urged to take part in the digitalization: PM
Hanoi, Seoul to promote trade unions' cooperation
Vietnam expands relations with ASEAN Partners