Hanoi considers allowing beauty care and barber shops to reopen
The city’s authorities will allow beauty care and barber shops to resume working provided that safety measures against Covid-19 are applied.
Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung has asked the relevant authorities to consider reopening of other non-essential services including beauty care and barber shops based on their assessment on the pandemic progression in the city.
| A sidewalk barber "shop" in Hanoi. Photo: wandering.world|
At a regular briefing of the Hanoi People's Committee on May 6, the city's mayor requested concerned agencies to monitor the operating hours of non-essential stores to ensure that no one opens before 9:00 am and those breaching the order must be sanctioned, even their business license would be revoked.
He also said by asking non-essential businesses not to open before 9:00 am, the number of commuters on the roads would be reduced by 600 to 800 thousand in morning rush hours, contributing to reducing traffic congestion. The business opening hour restriction would run until December 31.
Mayor Chung also allowed the Department of Culture and Sports to organize cultural and sport activities but on a smaller scale to progressively relax the social distancing orders.
He noted that socio-economic development and epidemic prevention tasks in the first four months of 2020 have drastically implemented at all the levels from the city down to districts and town.
- Hanoi's Loyalty Oath Festival listed as National Intangible Cultural Heritage
- International Yoga Day 2023 celebrated across nation
- Hanoi celebrates 595th anniversary of the coronation of King Le Thai To
- Hanoi, La Habana to ink partnership deals
- Hanoi to ban illegitimate renting and leasing of public property
- Vietnamese brands listed in Asia Architecture Design Awards' Top 100 Outstanding Projects
- Hanoi to ensure food safety for ten million residents
- Phase two of the Vinh Tuy Bridge nears completion
- Hanoi launches Action Month for Children 2023
- Hanoi Rescue Team: Nighttime "heroes" for motorcyclists
New deals inked during Australia PM’s visit to Vietnam
Vietnam News Highlights for June 5, 2023
Covid-19 meets criteria for influenza status in Vietnam: PM
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet
First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia
Two new suburban tourist spots diversify Hanoi’s travel options