Hanoi donates medical supplies to Moscow to support Covid-19 fight
The donation consists of 100,000 antibacterial cloth masks and 50,000 medical masks made by Vietnamese enterprises.
The Hanoi city government has recently handed over medical supplies to the Russia’s capital city of Moscow and the Vietnamese community in Russia to fight Covid-19 via the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Vietnam, Kinhtedothi.vn reported.
|Hanoi city's government has recently sent medical supplies to the Russia’s capital city of Moscow. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn|
The donation consists of 100,000 antibacterial cloth masks and 50,000 medical masks, made by Vietnamese enterprises. They meet quality standards prescribed by Vietnam’s Ministry of Health and are certified with CE marking of the European Union.
Hanoi mayor Nguyen Duc Chung said that the Covid-19 evolution is still complicated, thus, international cooperation and solidarity is needed to curb the pandemic spread and minimize its impacts on every country in the world.
"Although the gift is not highly valuable financially and unable meet actual needs of the epidemic prevention in your country, I believe it is meaningful in this difficult time of the ravaging pandemic," Chung stressed.
On this occasion, via Vietnam’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee in Hanoi also sent 50,000 masks to the Vietnamese Embassy and the Vietnamese community in the Russia.
For his part, Russian Ambassador to Vietnam Konstantin Vnukov praised the Vietnamese government for promptly applying necessary measures to curb the pandemic spread.
It can be said that Vietnam is currently among the leading countries in containing the Covid-19 pandemic, the ambassador said.
On behalf of the authorities and people of Moscow city, Konstantin Vnukov expressed his sincere thanks to Hanoi’s meaningful gift.
- Success of US$3.7-billion ring road project is Hanoi’s pride: City Party chief
- Hanoi to pilot real-time reporting system in Q3
- Hanoi Book Fair 2022 reopens after two years
- Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge
- Hanoi identifies public investment central to economic recovery
- Hanoi launches action month for drug prevention and control 2022
- Vietnam moves to next development phase in combating corruption: Party chief
- Singapore’s Infrastructure Asia seeks cooperation with Hanoi
- Some 70 investors want to renovate degraded condominiums in Hanoi
- Hanoi expects high-quality investment projects from Daewoo E&C
Vietnam to draft national action plan for circular economy adaptation
Hanoi welcomes over 8.6 million visitors in first half of 2022
Agritech, Greentech, Deeptech and Foodtech - foreign funds interests in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half
Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge
Fiercer storms forecast to hit Vietnam towards year-end
Bun cha listed in the British Queen's Platinum Jubilee Cookbook
Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in culture, education and tourism