Hanoi holds online New Year 2022 Countdown art performance
The annual New Year celebration was being broadcasted this year on Vietnam Television as a precautionary measure to prevent the Covid-19 spreading.
The countdown art performance entitled “The Dance of Light - Countdown 2022” started at 10p.m on December 31 on VTV1.
|Famous Vietnamese singers Uyen Linh (left), Tung Duong (centre) and Van Mai Huong (right) joined The Dance of Light - Countdown 2022 art performance. Screen shot photo|
The program to celebrate New Year was jointly held by VTV and Military Industry-Telecommunications Group and was previously recorded at S4 studio - Vietnam Television.
The ceremony featured unique art performances with the theme “The Roads”. Besides, the most impressive stories themed Covid-19 and other events that took place in 2021 are also reviewed.
Featured singers headlining this year's celebration include Tung Duong, Uyen Linh Van Mai Huong, Le Cat Trong Ly, among others.
The special guests of honor are individuals and enterprises who work on the field of technology and have had remarkable achievements in the past year.
Unlike previous years, there are no New Year outdoor entertainment activities held at August Revolution Square, Hoan Kiem Lake pedestrian street or Hanoi’s Old Quarter.
The surrounding streets are also not decorated with many splendid flowers like in previous years, so the important moment to welcome the New Year is somewhat quieter. New Year's Eve, however, is still the moment that everyone looks forward to with the hope that an old year of many losses will pass, and the New Year will bring peace and happiness.
- Japanese comic book themed Vietnamese football launched
- “S-Express Vietnam 2022” introduces Southeast Asia short films in Vietnam
- Vietnam Youth Theater to stage Norwegian play
- Hanoi hosts International Master Chess Tournament
- Photo exhibition pays tribute to revolutionary meritorious persons
- Exhibition pay tribute to war heroes and martyrs in Hoa Lo Prison
- Pico Play to open new facility in Haiphong this year
- Hanoi International Film Festival 2022 to open in November
- Vietnamese photographer to be a visual storyteller on Discovery
- Lao Culture Week in Hanoi, Danang and Hoi An
Vietnam’s middle power diplomacy in ASEAN
Hotels in Hanoi heat up mooncake season
Hanoi verifies promoting Covid-19 vaccination as key task
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure
People and businesses urged to take part in the digitalization: PM