Hanoi keen on developing knowledge and digital economy in downtown districts: Mayor
Dong Da district must be determined to achieve the highest socio-economic, financial and budget targets in 2020.
Hanoi will tap into the potential of downtown districts to develop the knowledge and digital economy, Kinh te and Do thi newspaper quoted Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung as saying at Dong Da district’s Party congress on July 22.
Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung speaks at the Dong Da district’s Party congress. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn
The Hanoi mayor suggested that, in the coming time, Dong Da district needs to keep preventing and fighting the Covid-19 pandemic, focusing on leading the local socio-economic development.
The district must be determined to achieve the highest socio-economic, financial and budget targets in 2020, Chung added.
He stressed that to tap into the potential of one of the four core districts of the capital city, Dong Da needs to implement measures to transform its economic and labor structure, bring into full play the entire capabilities and resources of all economic sectors.
"The district needs to effectively tap into urban economy, develop knowledge and digital economy and new business models on the basis of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, focusing on sustainable development," Chung said.
Besides, he suggested that the district should focus on maintaining urban civilization and order, improving efficiency of state management in the fields of land, environment, construction order, traffic order and safety.
The Hanoi mayor also suggested the delegates to the congress to contribute their ideas to the Action Program. This is an important basis for the new Dong Da district Party Committee to materialize the goals.
- Hanoi recommended among most coveted destinations in Southeast Asia
- Hanoi, Havana sign partnership to strengthen bilateral ties
- Hanoi speeds up construction of key public projects
- Hanoi eyes new industrial parks to lure foreign investors
- Hanoi, Copenhagen join hands in green city development
- Photo Hanoi'23 drives capital's culture and art development
- The Co Loa Special National Relics to undergo further excavation
- Hanoi committed to establishing administration system for people: Mayor
- Australian Prime Minister tastes banh mi in Hanoi
- Red River - a centerpiece in Hanoi’s green development
Vietnam kicks off project to combat zoonotic disease risks from wildlife
Vietnam News Highlights for June 10
French-Vietnamese singer The Rodeo to perform in Hanoi
Hanoi, Copenhagen join hands in green city development
Michelin stars to motivate Vietnamese cuisine
Red River - a centerpiece in Hanoi’s green development
New apartment buildings must have life span: Hanoi Party Chief
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet