Hanoi Party chief attends tree planting festival
The tree planting festival was among the traditional activities during the first days of the Lunar New Year.
Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Dinh Tien Dung today [January 28] attended the 2023 New Year tree planting festival at Dinh Cong Thuong, a relic complex in Hoang Mai District.
Up to now, the majority of goldsmiths in Hanoi are from Dinh Cong Thuong, one of the three villages that founded Hang Bac (silver) Street (once known for jewelry trading).
Dinh Cong Thuong shrine was built in the 17th century to honor two generals Hoang Cong (son of the 17th Hung King) and Doan Thuong, while the Dinh Cong Thuong temple worships the three local founders of the jewelry handicraft and remains an attractive tourist destination.
The Party chief and the ward's representatives plant a tree. Photos: Thanh Hai/The Hanoi Times
|The relics are located in Dinh Cong Thuong Village, which was famous for the jewelry trade in the past.|
|The Hanoi Party chief talks with the elderly at Dinh Cong Ward.|
|Dinh Tien Dung listens to the story of the jewelry handicraft in Dinh Cong Ward and calls for local authorities to continue promoting the profession for tourism and economic development.|
- Cultural heritage to propel Hanoi’s future development
- Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in preserving cultural heritage
- Hanoi's taxi companies seek permission to operate electric cars
- Hanoi targets 100% disbursement of public investment plan in 2023
- Hanoi plans to restore local relics with US$593.6 million
- Innovation-centered approach boosts Hanoi's performance in socio-economic growth
- First heatwave to hit northern Vietnam this week
- Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world
- Hanoi's volunteers run in response to Earth Hour 2023
- Hanoi to hold scientific conference on mobilizing cultural resources for development
Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in preserving cultural heritage
Hanoi patriots recount memories of captivity
MIC to regulate OTT communication in Vietnam
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world
2023 - a year of high-quality startups in Vietnam
Vietnam 12th International Photo Contest winners announced
Another perspective on Hanoi Street in Hoang Dinh exhibition
Artisan turns Bodhi leaf into artwork