Hanoi police seize nearly 100 kilograms of drugs
Hanoi drug police officers have made 472 raids and arrested more than 730 drug criminals since November 15, 2022.
Hanoi police on January 6 announced they had detained 98 kilograms of drugs being freighted from Germany into Vietnam.
|The 98-kilogram drugs were seized by the Hanoi police department on December 15, 2022. Photo: Hanoi police department|
The drugs were hidden inside eight packages and boxes with a total weight of 205 kilograms, the Hanoi police reported. The capture of the drugs was executed on December 15, 2022.
The Hanoi and HCM City police departments also reported they had arrested three suspects. Further investigation will be conducted by the HCM City police.
According to the Hanoi Police Department, drugs are now often freighted from other countries into Vietnam in the form of express delivery via international shipping companies. Drugs are hidden inside different forms of packages and luggage.
According to the municipal police department, drug policemen have executed a series of activities to prevent drug trafficking and dealing and assure the safety and security of people during year-end holidays.
The Hanoi Police Department reported that they have made 472 raids, arrested 734 drug criminals, and seized 110 kilograms of drugs from November 15, 2022. Of the total numbers, nearly 600 criminals have been dealt with in accordance with the penal code.
- Cultural heritage to propel Hanoi’s future development
- Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in preserving cultural heritage
- Hanoi's taxi companies seek permission to operate electric cars
- Hanoi targets 100% disbursement of public investment plan in 2023
- Hanoi plans to restore local relics with US$593.6 million
- Innovation-centered approach boosts Hanoi's performance in socio-economic growth
- First heatwave to hit northern Vietnam this week
- Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world
- Hanoi's volunteers run in response to Earth Hour 2023
- Hanoi to hold scientific conference on mobilizing cultural resources for development
Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in preserving cultural heritage
Hanoi patriots recount memories of captivity
Fascinating look at Hanoi in black and white photo collection
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world
2023 - a year of high-quality startups in Vietnam
Vietnam 12th International Photo Contest winners announced
Another perspective on Hanoi Street in Hoang Dinh exhibition