Hanoi Singing Contest 2020 opens
The 2020 Hanoi Singing Contest is going to be an extremely disputed, dramatic and fascinating competition.
The opening ceremony and the Preliminary Round of the 2020 Hanoi Singing Contest were held by Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports on September 17th, at Hanoi Cultural House - Sports Training and Competition Center.
From the early morning, hundreds of contestants were present at the venue to be told about the contest regulations. Each of them had to wear masks, while hand sanitizers and medical masks were also available for everyone before entering the hall. Inside, people kept safety distance to ensure safety against Covid-19.
|Pham Thi Ngoc performs at the contest. Photo: Lai Tan|
According to the Organizing Committee, several contestants who have won high prizes in other music contests are allow to skip the Preliminary Round and directly qualify for the Semi-final, which is said to be a highlight of this year competition.
As a result, the Semi-final this year is expected to be an extremely disputed competition, when the 39 privileged contestants including the national “Morning Star” contest third-place winner and “the Voice of Vietnam” semi-finalist, the first- and second- prizes winners of local “Morning Star” contests as well as a lot winners of national-level music talent competitions.
As regarded by the Organizing Committee, with the contestants selected from over 400 candidates in the Preliminary Round, the Semi-final Round of the 2020 Hanoi Singing Contest is going to be an extremely disputed, dramatic and fascinating competition, as well as a challenge for the Jury to select the ten best contestants representing various music genres, who will participate in the Finale night.
- Brand positioning of Hanoi as regional creative city
- Exhibition shows calligraphy combined with light installation
- Hanoi's 129-year-old architecture opens to public
- An explorer of ancient fine arts
- Artwork depicting Hanoi's St. Joseph's Cathedral on bonnet wins UOB Painting Award
- Hanoi Creative Design Festival 2003 to take place in mid-November
- Interior Design Student Festival: Celebrating Vietnamese culture
- “Hanoi Art Connecting” to attract 80 international artists from 30 countries
- Exhibition to promote wildlife conservation
- French painter and strong attachment to Hanoi
Launch of Resource Mobilization Plan for Vietnam’s low carbon journey
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast - December 2
Vietnam’s e-commerce market set to hit US$20.5 billion
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries
Vietnam advised to use cultural heritage as material for creative industries
Hanoi, British cities exchange experience in branding Creative City