Hanoi speeds up upgrade of Huynh Thuc Khang street
The road is about 1.3 kilometers long, with a total investment of VND342 billion (US$14.7 million).
Hanoi is speeding up construction of extended Huynh Thuc Khang street in Dong Da district, Kinh te & Do thi quoted Vice Chairman of the district People's Committee Nguyen Hoang Giap as saying at a press conference on November 23.
A part of construction site for the extended Huynh Thuc Khang road construction project. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn
According to Mr. Giap, the extended Huynh Thuc Khang route is one of the key infrastructure projects in Dong Da district, designed to reduce traffic congestion and improve local residents’ life quality.
The project was approved by the Hanoi People's Committee, with the starting point being Nguyen Chi Thanh street, the endpoint at the junction of Voi Phuc (Kim Ma street). The road is about 1.3 kilometers long, with a total investment of more than VND342 billion (US$14.7 million).
Mr. Nguyen Hoang Ha, deputy director of the Board for Investments of Dong Da district, said that Huynh Thuc Khang street extension project is expected to occupy about 3.7 hectares of land, for which Dong Da district is responsible for site clearance by relocating 69 households and 14 organizations.
Mr. Ha confirmed that the construction of the road does not affect the historic sites in the area. "Work on the project started on March 8, 2019 and is expected to be completed in 2022," he said.
- Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
- Hanoi on high alert against Covid-19 pandemic
- Overlaps and lack of labs hamper food safety control
- Hundreds of Hanoi volunteers participated in community-driven cleanup event
- Hanoi improves greenery to upgrade resident's living standard
- Around 75% of people with disabilities in Hanoi are jobless
- Vietnam adopts flexible approach to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
- Vietnam’s redesigned passport to contain birthplace from September 15
- Hanoi proposes benefits for firefighters and rescuers
- Hanoi underprivileged children enjoyed a warm Full-Moon Night
Hanoi's GRDP growth surges 9.69% in nine months
It’s a complicated world but we all need to eat – without consuming the world in the process
Vietnam among fastest growing economies in East Asia – Pacific region: WB
Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
Vietnamese, foreign firms must store data in cyberspace from October
Trade cooperation: Highlight of Vietnam-EU relations
Khau Pha Paragliding Festival offers spectacular scenery from a bird-eye view
[Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam 2022 e-Business Index
Vietnam Airlines listed among the world’s best 100