Hanoi students bag five gold medals at Pangea Math World 2023
Designed for primary, middle, and high school students, the contest is a fun and challenging competition.
All seven students of Hanoi who participated in the Pangea Math World (PMW) 2023 in Berlin, Germany, have won medals, including five gold and two silver medals, according to the Hanoi Department of Education and Training.
The gold medalists were Tran The Phuc and Nguyen Tuan Minh from Hoang Hoa Tham Secondary School and Nguyen Thai Duong, Luong Minh Nam and Le Thanh Hai from Giang Vo Secondary School.
Hanoi's students take part in PMW 2023 in Berlin, Germany. Photo courtesy of The Hanoi Department of Education and Training
The silver medals were awarded to Nguyen Duc Than from Giang Vo Secondary School and Nguyen Mai Trang from Thang Long Secondary School.
PMW 2023, held from May 5 to 8, is a fun and challenging competition for primary, middle, and high school students.
With the motto "Mathematics connects", Pangea Math World brings together students from different continents, with different social and educational backgrounds, who are interested and talented in mathematics. It also helps to motivate them and share their experiences and enjoyment with others.
The PMW has been held in Germany since 2007 for students from European countries and has attracted more than 3 million candidates from 22 countries, including Germany, Italy, Hungary, Poland, Austria, Spain, Sweden, Norway, France, Denmark, Finland, and others. Since 2022, the exam has been extended to all countries worldwide with an online exam format, and also the first time the exam was held in Vietnam.
The PMW is organized to support students interested in mathematics and train them to solve complex problems in the future.
- Thanh Bui joins hands with Singapore's leading university to help start-ups
- South Korea, Vietnam to enhance educational cooperation
- Hanoi boosts cashless transfer and digital transformation in schools
- Digital transformation in vocational education: Key for future growth of Vietnam
- All Hanoi contestants win prizes at IOAA 2023
- Gender gaps must be addressed in STEAM education: UNICEF
- Hanoi schools promise no unregulated fees
- Hanoi teachers to extend online English classes in Meo Vac District
- Vietnam names teams for World Robot Olympiad
- Hanoi promotes IT application to avoid school enrollment queues
Hanoi ratifies resolution on enhancing fire prevention and firefighting
Vietnam news in brief - September 23
Friendly LGBT community destinations in Vietnam
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters