Hanoi students win big at International Applied Chemistry Olympiad
All three Hanoi students bagged gold and silver medals at the prestigious competition IAChO 2023.
Students from Hanoi pocketed two gold and one silver medals at the International Applied Chemistry Olympiad (IAChO) held in Indonesia from September 28 to October 1.
Three Vietnamese students win distinctions at the International Applied Chemistry Olympiad. Photo: VNA
The winning students representing Vietnam are three outstanding ones from the Hanoi-Amsterdam High School for the Gifted, who scored highly in the two qualifying rounds. The gold medals went to La Chau Giang, a 12th grader, and Nguyen Minh Phuong, an 11th grader. Meanwhile, 11th grader Pham Minh Quan won the silver medal.
IAChO is organized annually by the Indonesia Regional Science Association (IRSA) to improve students' skills in science, with a focus on chemistry. In this year's final round, the contestants participated in a writing competition and presentation.
Earlier, at the International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO) 2023 on July 25, all four Vietnamese students won medals, including three gold and one silver.
The gold medals went to Dinh Cao Son from Ha Tinh Province, Nguyen Kim Giang from Bac Ninh Province, and Nguyen Manh Khoi from Hanoi. Meanwhile, the silver medal was won by Mai Van Duc from Nghe An Province.
IChO 2023 was held in Switzerland from July 16-25, with 348 participants from 89 countries and territories. The Vietnamese team ranked third in terms of gold medals.
- Hanoi launches Reading Cultural Ambassador Contest
- No homework for students over Tet: New thinking for greater efficiency
- Hanoi takes lead in 2023-24 National Excellent Student Contest
- Vietnam-Germany relations: Room for education cooperation remains large
- Hanoi responds to 2024 UPU International Letter Writing Contest
- Hanoi students bag gold medals at International Invention and Design
- First Vietnamese Studies Center in Thailand marks the two nations’ educational achievements
- Hanoi urged to speed up relocation work
- Hanoi students to be pioneers in digital transformation and innovation
Hanoi creates favorable conditions for Turkish businesses
Hanoi director wins 74th Berlinale Film Award
Vietnam news in brief - February 27
Siemens interested in Hanoi's metro projects: CEO Roland Busch
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh expects more from Siemens’ local operations
Tales of recruits: Answering the nation’s call
Vietnam's 2024 Top 10 most welcoming cities
Vietnam news in brief - February 23
World-renowned Eastern & Oriental Express train to operate in Vietnam