Hanoi students win medals at Int’l Olympiad on Astronomy and Astrophysics
With the outstanding achievements, Hanoi's education sector has affirmed its strength with excellent students in international competitions.
Five students from Hanoi - Amsterdam High School for the Gifted won five medals at the 14th International Olympiad on Astronomy and Astrophysics (IOAA), according to the Hanoi Department of Education and Training.
Five Hanoi students win medals at Int’l Olympiad on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Photo: The Hanoi Times
After seven days of competition, Hanoi students have achieved excellent results. The gold medal went to 12th graders Nguyen Khanh Tam and Tran Dinh Dung while Nguyen Manh Duc bagged one silver medal. Le Duc An and Dinh Tran Hai Chien won two bronze medals.
The outstanding achievements have contributed to Vietnam’s excellent performance at IOAA, promoting the students’ passion of studying in the field of astronomy and astrophysics. Once again, Hanoi's education sector has affirmed its strength with excellent students in international competitions.
Due to the impact of the global Covid-19 pandemic, the 14th IOAA was held online in Colombia on November 14-21, attracting students from over 50 countries and territories around the world.
The IOAA for high school students is organized to recognize the great role of astronomy and astrophysics in life, teenagers and international exchanges.
It is an annual event for highly performed high school students from all around the world. Established in Thailand 2006, the competition was a joint initiative of five countries - Thailand, Indonesia, Iran, China and Poland, with the aim to popularize astronomy among high school students and to foster friendship and cooperation among young astronomers at international level.
- US helps strengthen Vietnam's higher education in US$14-million partnership
- ASEAN roadmap 2025 to realize a common higher education space in Southeast Asia
- Vietnam urged to renovate education for SDG target
- Entire Vietnamese team bag gold at International Chemistry Olympiad 2022
- Vietnamese 10th grader wins International Physics Olympiad gold medal for 1st time
- Vietnam climbed ten places in ranking of International Mathematical Olympiad 2022
- 2022 FPdGi International Award honored Vietnamese environmental activist
- Professor Trinh Xuan Thuan wins the 2022 Grand Prix de la Francophonie
- Hanoi’s students earns high score at 2022 Asian Physics Olympiad
- Project of free digital library for Vietnamese children launched
Vu Lan festival: A cultural activity with Buddhist philosophy in Vietnam
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Vietnam seeks ways to boost competitiveness of tourism
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure
People and businesses urged to take part in the digitalization: PM
Hanoi, Seoul to promote trade unions' cooperation
Vietnam expands relations with ASEAN Partners