Hanoi takes lead in 2022-23 National Excellent Student Contest
The top winners will be selected to compete in the 2023 Regional and International Olympiads to take place in April.
The Hanoi team took the lead in the National Excellent Student Contest for the 2022-23 academic year, winning 141 prizes, the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) announced on March 14.
Hanoi students won 13 first prizes, 29 second prizes, 99 third prizes, and consolation prizes.
Hanoi's excellent students take photos with their teachers before attending the National Excellent Student Contest for 2022-23. Photo: Hanoimoi
In this year's contest, 4,589 candidates from 63 provinces and cities competed in 12 subjects, including mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, computer science, literature, history, geography, English, Russian, French, and Chinese. The competition was conducted with the utmost rigor, especially in grading, with two separate rounds to ensure accuracy and objectivity.
According to MoET, all teams had winners, which was the highlight of the competition. Among them, the cities and provinces with high prize winners will be selected to participate in the 2023 Regional and International Olympics Competition to be held in April.
Students with the highest scores will be selected to join Vietnam's team for the Asia-Pacific Physics and Computer Science Olympiad in May, and the International Olympiads in mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, and computer science in July and August.
- Hanoi gets new community library
- Competition on digital citizenship challenge for high school students kicks off
- Hanoi students bag five gold medals at Pangea Math World 2023
- Vietnam among four countries achieving gender parity in digital literacy: UNICEF
- Vietnam, Finland intensify education cooperation
- Vietnam asks educational institutions to develop Covid-19 response plans
- Human resource training matters to Vietnam's future: PM
- UNESCO Vietnam awards Youth Innovative Ideas for an Ocean without Plastic
- Hanoi: Various activities to celebrate Vietnam Book and Reading Culture Day 2023
- There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Vietnam’s exports to hit $618 billion by 2030
Vietnam News Highlights for June 1, 2023
Summer Online Safety Playground gives self-protection skills to children in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet
First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia
Two new suburban tourist spots diversify Hanoi’s travel options
European Film Festival 2023 opens in Hanoi