Hanoi targets to have 900 enterprises in supporting industries this year
One third of such number would be able to take part in global supply chains of multinationals in Vietnam.
In 2021, Hanoi targets to have at least 900 enterprises operating in supporting industries, 300 of which would have production network of international standards and are capable of taking part in global supply chains of multinationals in Vietnam.
|Production at Thang Long Metal Wares Company. Photo: Pham Hung|
The objective is part of the action plan issued by the Hanoi People’s Committee on March 1, detailing measures to boost the development of supporting industries in the city in 2021.
By the end of this year, industrial production value from the supporting industries is expected to account for 16% of the total value in Hanoi’s processing and manufacturing sector, while the development index of supporting industries would expand by 11% annually.
Hanoi aims to promote supporting industries based on the city’s growth advantages and in line with the development orientation of its industrial sectors, focusing on three key fields, including manufacturing of parts and accessories, supporting industries for hi-tech industrial sectors and textile and footwear.
To realize these targets, the municipal People’s Committee would support local firms in the supporting industries to become suppliers for domestic and international clients, as well as attracting foreign investment capital into the supporting industries.
Hanoi also plans to assist enterprises in applying modern corporate governance to meet requirements of global supply chains, promoting R&D activities, technology transfer and upgrading new technologies in the production of new parts, materials and resources.
- Hanoi to push for decentralization scheme in local units: City Party chief
- Hanoi determined to preserve its "green lung"
- Hanoi to build two new cities, creating springboard for Hoa Lac, Noi Bai areas
- UNESCO promises tight partnership with Hanoi in heritage and relic conservation
- Hanoi targets 100% of population with accounts on public services portal
- Hanoi holds Olympic Day Run 2023
- Re-enacting an 80s and 90s style wedding in Hanoi's Old Quarter
- Hanoi urged to speed up digital transformation in smart city construction
- Cultural heritage to propel Hanoi’s future development
- Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in preserving cultural heritage
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world