Hanoi to host cultural events to mark 1010th anniversary of its foundation
A solemn celebration, themed “Thang Long-Hanoi, Eternal Vitality” is expected to take place on October 10.
A series of events will take place in October in Hanoi on the occasion of the 1010th anniversary of the capital city's foundation, according to a plan by the Hanoi People’s Committee.
|Hanoi will host a series of cultural activities to mark 1010 years of Thang Long - Hanoi. Photo: daidoanket|
The celebration program, set to run from October 1 to 15, includes an incense offering ceremony, exhibitions, the launch of thematic books, cultural exchanges, sports competitions. along with a series of festivals such as the Hanoi Craft Village and Street Festival, the Hanoi Culinary Culture Festival 2020 as well as the Mobile Film Week.
Also on this occasion, at many cultural heritages of Hanoi, a series of workshops will be held under the theme “Shining the Thang Long-Hanoi’s cultural and heroic tradition”. On the list are a scientific workshop about King Ngo Quyen (March 12, 897 – February 14, 944); a call for literary and artistic creation; a knowledge contest to mark 1010 years of Thang Long – Hanoi and the celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long recognized as a world cultural heritage.
Some provinces and cities nationwide including Hoa Binh province, Ca Mau province, Ho Chi Minh City will join the celebrations with diverse tourism promotion activities.
On this occasion, a series of public works will be inaugurated including the pedestrian bridge at the Hoang Quoc Viet - Nguyen Van Huyen intersection, and the completion of Nguyen Van Huyen street as planned (Ring Road No. 2.5); and a groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of a tunnel at the Le Van Luong - Ring Road No. 3 intersection.
- Hanoi commits to taking relations with Vientiane to new height
- Prices of flowers and fruits for July full moon day up in Hanoi
- Exhibition enhances Hanoi-Vientiane relationship
- Hanoi-Vientiane cooperation strengthened in all spheres
- Hanoi, Vientiane cooperation should be model for both sides: Vietnamese top leader
- Hanoi VCFA eyes stronger Vietnam-Cambodia ties
- Hanoi accompanies Vientiane on road toward prosperity: Mayor
- Hanoi, Vientiane to set example in inter-provincial cooperation
- Hanoi-Vientiane trade and investment conference to take place on August 10
- PM expects Nhon – Hanoi station metro line to be completed by late 2022
Vu Lan festival: A cultural activity with Buddhist philosophy in Vietnam
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Vietnam seeks ways to boost competitiveness of tourism
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure
People and businesses urged to take part in the digitalization: PM
Hanoi, Seoul to promote trade unions' cooperation
Vietnam expands relations with ASEAN Partners