About 120,000 suburban households to get safe water in Hanoi
By 2021, more 50 communes in suburban districts of the capital will have access to the clean water system.
The Hanoi Department of Construction strives to supply tap water for 50 communes with 120,000 households in suburban districts, increasing the proportion of the households having access to safe water to 85%.
|A facility to supply clean water in Me Linh district. Photo: Tung Nguyen
To realize this target, the department will keep urging local investors to accelerate progress of water supply projects, especially in districts such as Thanh Tri, Thuong Tin, Phu Xuyen, Thanh Oai, Ung Hoa, My Duc, Chuong My, Thach That, Dan Phuong, Ba Vi, Me Linh and Soc Son.
At the same time, the department will assess and submit more water projects to the municipal People's Committee for approval. For areas unreachable by the city’s water grid, the department will build water supply works according to the cluster model.
The departmen reported that as many as 250,000 households with one million people in the southern Hanoi's suburban districts, including Chuong My, Ung Hoa, Thanh Oai and My Duc, are in the shortage of safe water.
The city strives to reach 100% of the people in suburban areas to have access to clean water by 2025.
- Hanoi ensures urban sanitation for Lunar New Year
- Aviation hiring demand surges in Hanoi in Q1
- Hanoi stimulates domestic demand to boost sales
- Hanoian students to stay home in case of cold weather
- Clean energy vehicles to replace diesel buses in Hanoi
- Hanoi ensures road safety as holidays draw near
- Nearly 94% of Hanoi's population covered by medical insurance
- Hanoi is magnificent on New Year's Eve
- Hanoi looks after people on welfare during Tet
- Peach-based dishes to revive Australian summer in Hanoi
Hanoi launches Reading Cultural Ambassador Contest
Vietnam news in brief - February 20
Hanoi encourages firms to sell to foreign distribution networks
Vietnam joins mega multinational naval exercise
National status for Hanoi's intangible heritage
Pen-brush opening ceremony: Vietnam's tradition honors learning
Site clearance is key for 500kV power line
Vietnam news in brief - February 17
Hanoi's Saint Giong Festival underway