Hanoi to strengthen maintenance of fire safety systems at apartment buildings
At a press conference chaired by the Hanoi Party Committee’s Commission for Information and Education on April 12, the Hanoi Fire Fighting and Prevention Police Department said the department will increase the maintenance of fire safety systems at apartment buildings from one to four times annually.
In addition, the police will step up inspections on fire and explosion prevention measures at industrial parks, craft villages, mall centres, markets, warehouses and ports.
The city police said they also hold classes on fire prevention and survival skills in narrow houses and high-rises.
Photo for illustration.
They are also appraised before and after construction and safety in residential buildings has improved in recent years but problems have still occurred during the operation of buildings, causing fire and explosion threats.
According to the statistics, in the first 3 months of this year, the city had 336 fires and one explosion, killing at least four and injuring 14 others. The accidents caused total losses of more than 7 billion VND. The police said they deployed measures to ensure the safety of events such as the Lunar New Year 2016, the 12th National Congress, held drills on rescue and evacuation and organised classes to equip participants with fire and explosion knowledge.
- Hanoians show passion for flowers
- Street foods you should not miss when visiting Hoan Kiem Lake
- Hanoi holds mass wedding for 18 couples
- Braving the rain, Hanoians cheer dragon boat racing
- Noodle soup with roasted duck: a change-of-pace breakfast in Hanoi
- Hotels in Hanoi heat up mooncake season
- Vietnam among best countries for retirement
- Hanoi's Banh Ran among world best dishes: CNN
- UNESCO organizes non-profit course on sound in Hanoi
- [Infographic]Hanoi - twelve floral seasons - Part 2
Vietnam prioritizes macroeconomic stability in 2023: PM
Demand for housing in Hanoi forecast to rise in 2023
Vietnam publishes book on Communist Party chief’s anti-corruption
Hanoi ranked 5th among safest cities in Southeast Asia
Hanoians show passion for flowers
Vietnam’s tourism forecast to strongly rebound in five years
Admiring 2,023 feline statuettes made by Hanoi artist
Overseas Vietnamese eagerly await Tet and spring
Switzerland to support Vietnam’s transition to green economy